Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plan A: Sell Gordon for £50 million. Get Broja and Gallagher on-loan, Traore from Wolves and Gueye for £10 million each. That way the team will be stronger than at present and a few quid will go to FFP. Still sell Gomes and Mina and save £220k per week.
Plan B: Sell Gordon for £50 million. Get linked with some players who I have never heard off in Ligue 1. Still sell Gomes and Mina and save £220k per week.
Plan C: Don't believe anything in the press after weeks of made up stories. Still sell Gomes and Mina and save £220k per week.

Maybe personal terms were agreed on Saturday Evening/Sunday?

…possibly, although I imagine these things take a while to sort if you consider a chain of events.

Personal terms could not be agreed unless Everton gave Chelsea permission to talk to the player. Everton would not allow this unless they agreed to sell & Gordon agreed to leave. I can’t see all of those events happening post-Aston Villa to make yesterdays news.

There are cynics who might consider if this situation has been generated by Everton to drum up interest in a sellable asset to raise funds for transfer targets.

Plan A: Sell Gordon for £50 million. Get Broja and Gallagher on-loan, Traore from Wolves and Gueye for £10 million each. That way the team will be stronger than at present and a few quid will go to FFP. Still sell Gomes and Mina and save £220k per week.
Plan B: Sell Gordon for £50 million. Get linked with some players who I have never heard off in Ligue 1. Still sell Gomes and Mina and save £220k per week.
Plan C: Don't believe anything in the press after weeks of made up stories. Still sell Gomes and Mina and save £220k per week.
He can’t pass a medical. Out for 8 weeks.

1: You can only loan 1 player from a premier league side

2: Traore from Wolves is a headless chicken

3: Mina is out for 2 months so cant be sold

4: Sell Gomes is a good plan...as well as Gbamin, Gray, Rondon and Allan.

…possibly, although I imagine these things take a while to sort if you consider a chain of events.

Personal terms could not be agreed unless Everton gave Chelsea permission to talk to the player. Everton would not allow this unless they agreed to sell & Gordon agreed to leave. I can’t see all of those events happening post-Aston Villa to make yesterdays news.

There are cynics who might consider if this situation has been generated by Everton to drum up interest in a sellable asset to raise funds for transfer targets.

Chelsea probably agreed terms with Gordons agent before making a bid.

As if we have 4 deals lined up and ready to go. Surely no one believes that rubbish. It would be a deadline day of panic buying getting rinsed by everyone because they know we have cash and are desperate
And this is why I'm hesitant with this Gordon deal. Perhaps if we'd sold him a month ago...

…I know this goes on but I doubt it would be made public.

There might be interest in the lad but I doubt it’s reached those levels. Indeed, I’m not certain Gordon will be pushing for the move. I suspect he might have to be encouraged to leave.

I think he's probably chatting with their players and commenting on their social media as I type...

...as he apparently already has :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.