Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
His record in Europe is great but his injury record is poor. I think he's only back from a serious long term injury.
He's just come back from an injury. Don't know how he got that injury but he's a player that would scare the crap out of Premier League defenders. And considering how weak and fragile some defenders, as well as not being very good defenders. we could get the ball forward quicker.

1: You can only loan 1 player from a premier league side

2: Traore from Wolves is a headless chicken

3: Mina is out for 2 months so cant be sold

4: Sell Gomes is a good plan...as well as Gbamin, Gray, Rondon and Allan.
Good point on Number 1 - my morning coffee is now kicking in.
On point 2 - I just like a bit of direct pace and think for that price, it's worth a gamble.
Point 3 (and 4) I have just wanted Gomes and Mina to go for so long, it's habit now and even on my work signature block :).

Plan A: Sell Gordon for £50 million. Get Broja and Gallagher on-loan, Traore from Wolves and Gueye for £10 million each. That way the team will be stronger than at present and a few quid will go to FFP. Still sell Gomes and Mina and save £220k per week.
Plan B: Sell Gordon for £50 million. Get linked with some players who I have never heard off in Ligue 1. Still sell Gomes and Mina and save £220k per week.
Plan C: Don't believe anything in the press after weeks of made up stories. Still sell Gomes and Mina and save £220k per week.
Your plan A is terrible , sell a highly rated young player whose potential is massive (nobody would be offering £40m if it wasn’t.
Sign Traore a player whose inability to have any meaningful effect on games is now a standing joke.
Help develop two young Chelsea players for a season (Cockneys doing cockney’s favours ). Incidentally Broja is comparable to Gordon in as yet largely unrealised potential, certainly no better.
No thanks.

Good point on Number 1 - my morning coffee is now kicking in.
On point 2 - I just like a bit of direct pace and think for that price, it's worth a gamble.
Point 3 (and 4) I have just wanted Gomes and Mina to go for so long, it's habit now and even on my work signature block :).

….you like ‘direct pace’ but want Gordon sold is a bit of a contradiction, especially for Traore who is very erratic.

If Gordon is to go we need to get this right. Season potentially hinges on it. No taking cast offs on high wages like Batshuayi. Needs to be a good cash offer or include players of supposed interest like a Broja or Gallagher. We have the chance to transform the weak as piss forward line and better not blow it.

If the rumour is true and Chelsea do want Gordon, here's what I'd do to replace him.

- Sign Martin Terrier from Rennes (approx £28m)
- Sign Moussa Dembele from Lyon (approx £10m)

In my humble opinion, both these players are as proven as we can hope for. In terms of goals and assists I believe these two players would combine to exceed the contributions made by Gordon and Richarlison last season.

Beyond that I'd want to see the two remaining loan slots used too, at least one on a CM. I worry we haven't actually done enough yet in terms of fixing the midfield.

We have a looming issue regarding wages however: too many players currently in the squad who don't contribute but are on hefty wedge. We should be working harder to get rid of anyone who isn't in genuine consideration for the first XI. With too many of them still here there's only so much we can do to upgrade the squad.

PS crazy to think that if a £50m bid for Gordon had come in 48 days ago we could have still completed all the business we have done so far but Richarlison could have still been here.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.