Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we wont be too far off those numbers if you look at it 'objectively'.

Lonergan, Tosun, Sigurdsson, Kean, Gbamin we dont really need to consider to be squad players. So lets remove them from the equation.

Under Lampard Allan, Kenny, Gomes are squad players so that matches the 3 you would consider to be 'optimal'.

1st eleven players who may be moved on could be Keane, Mina and Richarlison. So that again matches your 3.

An additional DCL sale when hes been barely a squad player for Lampard perhaps doesnt have much impact and of course Pickford as goalkeeper isnt an outfield player so not a major issue tactically.

Move them all on and its 13 players (5 non squad players, 3 squad players, 3 starters and 2 more).

What we would miss would be the personalities of Pickford, Mina and Richarlison in the dressing room.

If we were able to bring in those two players while moving out Keane + Mina for £20mil then i think that would be good business.

Then funds from sales could be focused on midfield and attacking recruitment.

That really puts it into perspective.

The only thing I would disagree with is the Pickford sale not impacting us tactically.

I think Lampard wants us to be a team that has more possession and plays from the back and in Pickford we already have someone who can do that so we may as well keep him instead of risking signing someone who can’t do that or doesn’t settle

I see people have concerns about selling our better players and normally I’d agree with you, but I’ve woken up feeling anarchistic today so I vote to burn the squad down almost entirely and start again, it’ll be interesting if nothing else.

Also a good chance that unless major surgery is done we’ll be in a relegation scrap again next year so why not roll the dice, I’m sick of most of this squad. Reckon we could get £45m for Pickford, £60m for DCL, and £70m for Rich, as well as the £25m for Kean and around £10m for Keane.
I'm not concerned at all they've hardly pulled up trees. If a good bid comes in and we want to let them leave they're all for sale only one I wouldn't sell is Gordon

the following keepers are not first choice at their clubs

Kelleher (Liverpool), Kepa (Chelsea), Steffen (Man City)

none of them are ever going to break into their first team anytime soon so could be available for a lowish fee (yes we all laugh at Kepa hahahah)

then you obviously have Gavin Bazunu who we've been linked with on a few occasions, he is only 20 years old but he's still behind the likes of Ederson and Steffen so if he's guaranteed to be first choice here he would probably jump at that chance

If you care about things like lowering the age of the squad over improving the quality.
Wasn't he part of the Wolves team that assembled their squad though? I know they had a pushy agent deal but still he must be decent for the Red bull brand to have employed him too?

Status
Not open for further replies.