Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long post but I agree with a lot of what you are saying.

However, that is a lot of turn over to happen in one transfer window and even some of the best clubs don’t have a 100% success rate with players and especially not with those players hitting the ground running in the first season.

I have always been of the view that the max turnaround in one summer window has to be 2/3 first 11 players max and maybe 2/3 squad players.

If there is any more then the entirety of the pre season will be about evaluating the players instead of working on the areas that the team suffered from last season.
I think we wont be too far off those numbers if you look at it 'objectively'.

Lonergan, Tosun, Sigurdsson, Kean, Gbamin we dont really need to consider to be squad players. So lets remove them from the equation.

Under Lampard Allan, Kenny, Gomes are squad players so that matches the 3 you would consider to be 'optimal'.

1st eleven players who may be moved on could be Keane, Mina and Richarlison. So that again matches your 3.

An additional DCL sale when hes been barely a squad player for Lampard perhaps doesnt have much impact and of course Pickford as goalkeeper isnt an outfield player so not a major issue tactically.

Move them all on and its 13 players (5 non squad players, 3 squad players, 3 starters and 2 more).

What we would miss would be the personalities of Pickford, Mina and Richarlison in the dressing room.

Been more links to Niakhate mainz cb one yr left on contract. Then still rumours of tarkowski. Just curious if people woukd be happy with the two of them

If we were able to bring in those two players while moving out Keane + Mina for £20mil then i think that would be good business.

Then funds from sales could be focused on midfield and attacking recruitment.

He was sacked by Wolves after Mendes got tired of wiping his bum, he then went to the bum city Murica, where football careers go to die.

As far as I know hes never worked for Brighton.

If he can pull off a sleeveless cardi with jeans, then im fully behind him, till then, jury is out.

Our previous director of football bought a player for £27m who was so crap we had to loan him out for 2 years back to the club we bought him from with no obligation to buy who’s gonna end up back here a year early because he’s been that crap for them.

Our previous director of football bought a player for £27m who was so crap we had to loan him out for 2 years back to the club we bought him from with no obligation to buy who’s gonna end up back here a year early because he’s been that crap for them.
Who was this mate?

Sounds similar to the Moise Kean deal, except it cant be, cos we will make a profit on Moise Kean.

He was sacked by Wolves after Mendes got tired of wiping his bum, he then went to the bum city Murica, where football careers go to die.

As far as I know hes never worked for Brighton.

If he can pull off a sleeveless cardi with jeans, then im fully behind him, till then, jury is out.
Cool. We clearly pursued the Brighton fella for so long that I made up a weird little story in my head when we recruited this guy.

The problem is, our DoF has failed at every club he's been at.

He stinky.

he was wolves under 18 manager in 2008

he has managed to finesse himself from being in a worse position than someone like david unsworth to becoming our director of football

apparently he is responsible for bringing through the likes of diogo jota, ruben neves and adama traore

It should be seen as a positive opportunity.

The trick will be selling our players for good prices and signing those whose values will incrsase at least 50%

So far the main rumours are Pickford, Kean and DCL out (circa £120-130mil) and Bazunu and Johnson in circa £35-40mil.

If thats our initial business then it should be seen as a big positive.
This guy just repeats himself every couple of pages

Good interview on his time at NY Red Bulls.

He had a large turnover of players on arrival and went for young players that took the average age of the squad to 22.

Direct, high pressing style where the players are signed to fit the system.
That sounds great.

Before he joined

Major League SoccerConference: 6th
Overall: 13th

After he joined

Major League SoccerConference: 7th
Overall: 14th

Wait a God damn minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.