Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long post but I agree with a lot of what you are saying.

However, that is a lot of turn over to happen in one transfer window and even some of the best clubs don’t have a 100% success rate with players and especially not with those players hitting the ground running in the first season.

I have always been of the view that the max turnaround in one summer window has to be 2/3 first 11 players max and maybe 2/3 squad players.

If there is any more then the entirety of the pre season will be about evaluating the players instead of working on the areas that the team suffered from last season.
Normally I would agree 100% - but this year I really do feel like we have an excessive amount of dross, some of our better players coming into their last year of their contract, a CF who has had his head turned, and a GK that many believe could easily regress to pre-injury standards at any time (its unlikely but I feel that is the general concensus).

We need to sell the family silver to buy a better house is how it feels to me this summer.

Long post but I agree with a lot of what you are saying.

However, that is a lot of turn over to happen in one transfer window and even some of the best clubs don’t have a 100% success rate with players and especially not with those players hitting the ground running in the first season.

I have always been of the view that the max turnaround in one summer window has to be 2/3 first 11 players max and maybe 2/3 squad players.

If there is any more then the entirety of the pre season will be about evaluating the players instead of working on the areas that the team suffered from last season.
My view is simply whatever experiment we were on with this squad of players has reached its end, the majority of them have been given every opportunity to prove themselves here and they've failed, we must start again from as close to scratch as we can.

If we go into next season with a similar squad of players to what we have now, we'll be in a relegation battle again. And don't get me wrong, we may be in a relegation battle with a new younger squad as well, but at least that would be with players who have upside to improve, relegation clauses written into their contracts and operating at a 70% wages to turnover ratio rather than 90%.

I have no interest next season in watching Richarlison run into people when trying to dribble, DCL fluffing his lines in front of goal, Allan getting legged everywhere in midfield, Mina coming off after 20 minutes, Coleman and Keane getting up to their usual calamities etc. We simply have to freshen it up and we really don't have anything to lose.

Yes - Niakhate
Maybe - Tarkowski (gives me Keane vibes)
Big question - would you take Keane back then on a free knowing what you know now?

For me, Tarkowski is a yes on the proviso that his salary is less than/comparable to Keane's ... then we should try to sell Keane for SOME money.

Niakhate is a clear yes... so long as he doesn't go on ridic wages (my theme for the upcoming window).

Big question - would you take Keane back then on a free knowing what you know now?

For me, Tarkowski is a yes on the proviso that his salary is less than/comparable to Keane's ... then we should try to sell Keane for SOME money.

Erm no, not really, I don't like slow CB's in general. Not saying Tarkowski wouldn't work here as it's hard to tell from watching Burnley.

The problem is, our DoF has failed at every club he's been at.

He stinky.
Not sure I'd call his time at wolves a failure. He had his hand held by Mendes but theyve still done well and built a far better and more balanced squad than Don Marcel or Walsh

Didn’t he come from Brighton? They seem to have recruited pretty well in the last few years.
Not sure I'd call his time at wolves a failure. He had his hand held by Mendes but theyve still done well and built a far better and more balanced squad than Don Marcel or Walsh
He was sacked by Wolves after Mendes got tired of wiping his bum, he then went to the bum city Murica, where football careers go to die.

As far as I know hes never worked for Brighton.

If he can pull off a sleeveless cardi with jeans, then im fully behind him, till then, jury is out.

He was sacked by Wolves after Mendes got tired of wiping his bum, he then went to the bum city Murica, where football careers go to die.

As far as I know hes never worked for Brighton.

If he can pull off a sleeveless cardi with jeans, then im fully behind him, till then, jury is out.
He didn't get sacked by Wolves he left on his own.

My view is simply whatever experiment we were on with this squad of players has reached its end, the majority of them have been given every opportunity to prove themselves here and they've failed, we must start again from as close to scratch as we can.

If we go into next season with a similar squad of players to what we have now, we'll be in a relegation battle again. And don't get me wrong, we may be in a relegation battle with a new younger squad as well, but at least that would be with players who have upside to improve, relegation clauses written into their contracts and operating at a 70% wages to turnover ratio rather than 90%.

I have no interest next season in watching Richarlison run into people when trying to dribble, DCL fluffing his lines in front of goal, Allan getting legged everywhere in midfield, Mina coming off after 20 minutes, Coleman and Keane getting up to their usual calamities etc. We simply have to freshen it up and we really don't have anything to lose.
Good post, I agree we need a reset

Status
Not open for further replies.