Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Director of Football worth his salt would back themselves to be able replace Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison and Pickford with money left over. This is a good awful team consisting of truly horrific players, we need to rip the whole thing up and start over and the only way we can do that is by raising as much money as we can from player sales because of the financial constraints we are working under.

Calvert-Lewin is a perma-crock now, so literally anyone with a pulse is an instant improvement for us from what we've been this season. Brereton-Diaz could be a potential option who wouldn't cost that much. Eddie Nketiah has been very impressive lately too if Lampard wanted to play with a more fluent forward line rather than a rigid number 9, would be a gamble but could also be a very smart free transfer.

Richarlison has about 13 goals in two combined seasons of Premier League football, really not difficult to find someone who could replace that. I love the lad's attitude but his technique deeply upsets me. Brennan Johnson looks a real prospect and we haven't had a player comfortable from playing from the right since probably Deulofeu.

Pickford is someone who I'd be less open to selling than the other two because he is clearly improving whilst Richarlison is no better today than he was when he stroked two away on his debut at Wolves whilst DCL has obviously stalled because of injuries. Again though, if we got £30m+ for him Lampard and Thelwell should absolutely back themselves to be able to find a young goalkeeper with potential for about half of that to come in and pick up the slack.

Then when you add in the likes of Mina, Kean, Allan and hopefully Gomes and Keane too, there's potentially a lot of money coming in that would allow us to turn this squad over quite quickly.

The sell to buy model is nothing that should be feared, and just because we've made mistakes in the past (under completely different DoFs and Managers I might add) doesn't mean we'll make them again now. Almost every club in Europe understands the need to sell players, except us it seems who are always happy to allow players to just drift into obscurity or offer them scantly-deserving new contracts when there was no need too.

There should be no shouts of "you don't sell your best players" this summer. We are a truly horrific team and if we had just one good player on our books we'd be nowhere near this mess. Burn it to the ground.

It’s not a “model” it’s how to successfully run a business. At some point, we have to generate funds.

Based on a business model, hence a model. I fully understand our need to generate funds. New stadium will do that. Spurs stadium generates millions on match day. But our biggest assets will always be players. We need to both grow them and find ones with good sell on value. Irony about all this was our fanbase bemoaning us as selling Club in the not too distant past, now that's the "model" we're championing.

Any Director of Football worth his salt would back themselves to be able replace Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison and Pickford with money left over. This is a good awful team consisting of truly horrific players, we need to rip the whole thing up and start over and the only way we can do that is by raising as much money as we can from player sales because of the financial constraints we are working under.

Calvert-Lewin is a perma-crock now, so literally anyone with a pulse is an instant improvement for us from what we've been this season. Brereton-Diaz could be a potential option who wouldn't cost that much. Eddie Nketiah has been very impressive lately too if Lampard wanted to play with a more fluent forward line rather than a rigid number 9, would be a gamble but could also be a very smart free transfer.

Richarlison has about 13 goals in two combined seasons of Premier League football, really not difficult to find someone who could replace that. I love the lad's attitude but his technique deeply upsets me. Brennan Johnson looks a real prospect and we haven't had a player comfortable from playing from the right since probably Deulofeu.

Pickford is someone who I'd be less open to selling than the other two because he is clearly improving whilst Richarlison is no better today than he was when he stroked two away on his debut at Wolves whilst DCL has obviously stalled because of injuries. Again though, if we got £30m+ for him Lampard and Thelwell should absolutely back themselves to be able to find a young goalkeeper with potential for about half of that to come in and pick up the slack.

Then when you add in the likes of Mina, Kean, Allan and hopefully Gomes and Keane too, there's potentially a lot of money coming in that would allow us to turn this squad over quite quickly.

The sell to buy model is nothing that should be feared, and just because we've made mistakes in the past (under completely different DoFs and Managers I might add) doesn't mean we'll make them again now. Almost every club in Europe understands the need to sell players, except us it seems who are always happy to allow players to just drift into obscurity or offer them scantly-deserving new contracts when there was no need too.

There should be no shouts of "you don't sell your best players" this summer. We are a truly horrific team and if we had just one good player on our books we'd be nowhere near this mess. Burn it to the ground.

Got a brief version of that bud ? My attention span is poor ?

Based on a business model, hence a model. I fully understand our need to generate funds. New stadium will do that. Spurs stadium generates millions on match day. But our biggest assets will always be players. We need to both grow them and find ones with good sell on value. Irony about all this was our fanbase bemoaning us as selling Club in the not too distant past, now that's the "model" we're championing.

So you agree, we need to sell our best players and reinvest.

So you agree, we need to sell our best players and reinvest.
I think we need to be better in all areas. That much is obvious, so that we don't find ourselves in this muddle again and employing likes of Allardyce or Benitez. Whether that is a Dortmund or any other model remains to be seen !

It should be seen as a positive opportunity.

The trick will be selling our players for good prices and signing those whose values will incrsase at least 50%

So far the main rumours are Pickford, Kean and DCL out (circa £120-130mil) and Bazunu and Johnson in circa £35-40mil.

If thats our initial business then it should be seen as a big positive.

The Independent.ie send out an email newsletter on Friday if you have signed up for it. Dan McDonnell puts it together and tbf to him he is very well connected here, anyway I pulled this from today's. I know Bazuna has been spoken about on here but might be a little more here

On Wednesday, I reported that Everton are strongly mulling over a summer move for Gavin Bazunu should Manchester City opt to move him on. If City to decide to sell Bazunu - and this is far from guaranteed - expect a buyback clause to be a part of the discussions. It's just unfortunate for the Dubliner that Ederson is 28 and going nowhere and therefore it's possible the Irishman may continue his education elsewhere.

Transfer stories are adored and deplored in equal measure. You report the state of play as it stands, and yet that can also become dated very quickly. My information is that Southampton and Everton are the front runners here, but the Southampton news was broken by Talksport last week before I could nail it down.

Hence, why the fresh angle is to lead on the genuine Everton interest. This can sometimes be misinterpreted as a statement that Bazunu is definitely going there when, in reality, a transfer saga can have many twists and turns. Jordan Pickford's movement or otherwise could have a domino effect on Bazunu's position. Talks with City around his future haven't reached a firm conclusion just yet but this is very much a 'watch this space' story.

It should be seen as a positive opportunity.

The trick will be selling our players for good prices and signing those whose values will incrsase at least 50%

So far the main rumours are Pickford, Kean and DCL out (circa £120-130mil) and Bazunu and Johnson in circa £35-40mil.

If thats our initial business then it should be seen as a big positive.
Couldn't agree more.

If we go into next season with anything approaching the same squad then we'll be in an almighty battle to stay up again. What we've seen this season is all these players are capable of so our options are either go again with a squad of players we basically all hate or turn as many of them around as we can and have a real go with a young and hungry team put together by Lampard and Thelwell - I know which team I'd be happier to support.

Long post but I agree with a lot of what you are saying.

However, that is a lot of turn over to happen in one transfer window and even some of the best clubs don’t have a 100% success rate with players and especially not with those players hitting the ground running in the first season.

I have always been of the view that the max turnaround in one summer window has to be 2/3 first 11 players max and maybe 2/3 squad players.

If there is any more then the entirety of the pre season will be about evaluating the players instead of working on the areas that the team suffered from last season.

same season liverpool sold countinho to barcelona for 140 mil they signed virgil van dijk, robertson and salah

robertson and salah were their summer signings but they sold coutinho in the january window and signed van dijk in the january window

the following season they then spent money to bring in Allison, Keita and Fabinho

We will probably sell DCL and then if we receive decent bids for Pickford and Richarlison then I am sure we would not stand in their way

the most important thing is making sure we re-invest that money on good players

Status
Not open for further replies.