Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
You still have to amortise the full value over the contract, and that expense goes to your P&L account. The full value of the deal still goes onto your books, just over time. It's not like you can ignore the total fee, it's still the most important number.

Yes but over length of contract - Everton just need to worry about the 3 yr rolling rule and take it season by season as each season we lose numbers off the books earning 80-100k a week like Allan, Gomes, Gbamin, Mina, King Salaman, Townie etc.

Whereas the Gordon sale will be purely profit on the books for this year.

Yeah, like I keep saying in posts about the likes of Maupay and Adams, we need to be buying potential. But, what we need to avoid is, for example, spending the amount that could get us a proper baller like Terrier on potential like MGW. Or selling Gordon and then instantly converting nearly all of the proceeds into signing MGW.

For example, I would rather we sign Terrier and then spend on some young potential like Dieng and Garner, than put down £30 plus M on MGW.

What will be will be mate - I am sure Big Kev Thelwell knows what we need and dont need judging by the business done so far already.

Yes but over length of contract - Everton just need to worry about the 3 yr rolling rule and take it season by season as each season we lose numbers off the books earning 80-100k a week like Allan, Gomes, Gbamin, Mina, King Salaman, Townie etc.

Whereas the Gordon sale will be purely profit on the books for this year.
remember the good old days when you didn't need to be an accountant to enjoy football. lol

Yep, they want a lot for him too, quite a gamble if we pay a lot for him.

Nunes looks a player, no guarantees on either though.
If they did reject 35 from Forest then it’s already 10 more than we should be paying, even with the Gordon money, simple as that. If Forest have moved on and they have already spent big on another player in that position maybe we can take advantage though, but only at a sensible fee.

Do you remember where we finished the 5 or 10 seasons before that?
Which do you think is the most relevant baseline for where we are now? I remember where we finished in 2005 and all, mate. Has absolutely nothing to do with the constraints we find ourselves under, being able only to spend limited amounts, on limited players, to improve a terrible squad.

Maupay gives me Naismith vibes for some reason. I'd take him. Causes problems and can score.

He isn't prolific but we don't necessarily need that. We need players that add to our goal tally throughout the season.

Iwobi, Gordon, Gray, Doucoure - I might be wrong but did they even hit 10 PL goals between them last season.
Only Richy did its why we need two forwards, three if Gordon goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back