Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here's McNeil, finding himself in a good position, he could slide in Maupay - has he overhit the pass there? - Maupay's forced wide, but he's got a strong mentality so he's driving in on goal. Just the keeper to beat, he must score! NO! Off the bar! Here's Adams on the rebound ... how has he missed from there? His hard work got him the chance, but he's fluffed it. That is a shocker.

Dele barely counts now, he's not starting a game short of an emergency
I still think he needs to be replaced as virtually the only attacking midfielder in the squad and one of the first people we throw on when chasing.
Interesting. What are your thoughts on Demarai Gray playing up front on his own all season?
I have no idea what you’re talking about.

This may be true but the club has to have a bigger picture in mind on both fronts. Dele's wages and eventual payment to Spurs are poor value and a hinderance for better present and future deals. Gordon at 45 million is one of maybe less than a handful of players currently that could be sold for a profit from what we acquired them for.

The squad needs turnover. Leveraging a prospect from an absurdly inflated offer and having a fringe league ignore wages in favor of pulling a past star to their league are the kind of breaks we should welcome as the list of sellable assets are few and far between. And without funds the squad wont improve or be able to invest in more players that can generate similar opportunities in the future

Nothing is a better pathway to pulling out of being a relegation side then reinvestment from the players that brought us there. Let alone broadening our pool of players that can grow. The Dele and AG deals would be no brainers.

I’m thinking Martin Terrier, Gordon 50 mil, potentially saving money and wages on Dele… it’s time to sign the Dog of War

Status
Not open for further replies.