Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were coming from La Liga or Bundesliga then nobody cares. Take the lad Guirassy for example. Nobody ever heard of him but willing to go with it. No EPL experience in arguably the hardest league in World Football for strikers, unlike Maupay and Adams. I agree both aren't marquee but we are where we are. We needs strikers and beggars can't be choosers.
For what its worth I don't think any of those including Guirassy are wise signings.

The question for Thelwell has to be do they improve the present value, but more importantly have a chance to drastically improve and be sold for a profit we would be garnering them for. In Adams and Maupay the idea that they could/would surpass their current value and get a move to a top 6 side eventually, or in a top side in Europe is very hard to conceive considering their age, price and current numbers.

I am very much in favor of Both this Dele and AG deal, but the coming signings should be looking for higher upside then those three no doubt. Otherwise its signing up for the same Everton predicaments in the years to come.

Even If Dele and Gordon go, and by some minor miracle we get in 4 forwards in whatever combination (2 forwards, a winger, creative mid for example), we’re basically trying to bed in a new team and gel it 5 games into a season in which we’ll be massively off the pace and likely in the bottom 3. :oops:
We should be ok against Forest as they're doing it on a bigger scale, 15 and counting so far I think?

Even by our standards this is a terribly managed window, why we are doing this business with the season in full swing after we sold our best player weeks ago is really beyond nuts!

….Forest splashing the cash and not going for him made me wonder.
Think they did try earlier in the window but he stated he wanted to try getting into United’s plans. Strange how he can’t even make the bench in a struggling United side.

For what its worth I don't think any of those including Guirassy are wise signings.

The question for Thelwell has to be do they improve the present value, but more importantly have a chance to drastically improve and be sold for a profit we would be garnering them for. In Adams and Maupay the idea that they could/would surpass their current value and get a move to a top 6 side eventually, or in a top side in Europe is very hard to conceive considering their age, price and current numbers.

I am very much in favor of Both this Dele and AG deal, but the coming signings should be looking for higher upside then those three no doubt. Otherwise its signing up for the same Everton predicaments in the years to come.
Mate, absolutely with you here. I'm not advocating the signing of Maupay or Che, however I just don't see any players in the mould you describe. Not this window anyhow.

Even If Dele and Gordon go, and by some minor miracle we get in 4 forwards in whatever combination (2 forwards, a winger, creative mid for example), we’re basically trying to bed in a new team and gel it 5 games into a season in which we’ll be massively off the pace and likely in the bottom 3. :oops:
Are those two really the difference of that reality? I personally beyond relegation dont really care where we finish, but if the argument is continuity being a better strength then turnover considering it came down to almost a miracle to keep us up with those same players, I would disagree.

I play out this hypothetical. Say Gordon simply replicates last years stats ifn ot marginally improves, and Dele stays at similar impact. We then have sent 20 odd million to Spurs, AG's value has likely been halved from this Chelsea offer, and considering the lack of funds, DCL's injury (which would also probably effect his value) and the Richy's sale could easily be in the 40s ballpark again in finished goals. A reality very likely sending us down. One could say to invest in addition to those names but I don't think they are A) key variable in protecting or creating goals B) believe that the funds to do so adequately exist without them moving on (hence the likes of Adams and Maupay being the primary links).

In the two proposed deals, combining the money saved by not paying Spurs and AG's Chelsea offer thats a 60 million plus difference that could have been reinvested instead of sticking with the status quo. Factor probably a worse market for AG and DCL, and Dele's payment outbound where are the funds for next year coming from? This is obviously a stark hypothetical but I don't think at all unreasonable as possibly happening.

We have so little value propositions on the squad, not to mention still an inflated wage bill. Sure turnover is difficult, but not leveraging opportunities like these rumored links are what send you down in two years time. I don't see where the money is coming from alternatively and above all the squad needs improving players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back