Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you're one of those "no sense in signing someone outside of the PL" guys eh?

Not at all. Having experience of the EPL helps the majority of the time in lesser sides such as ours. Nunez and Haaland waltzing into high performing sides eases their transition. Now toddle off and go shoot your handgun in the air or something.

Not at all. Having experience of the EPL helps the majority of the time in lesser sides such as ours. Nunez and Haaland waltzing into high performing sides eases their transition. Now toddle off and go shoot your handgun in the air or something.
Yeah I'm not all that interested in having a not good player transition into being not good faster.

Even by our standards this is a terribly managed window, why we are doing this business with the season in full swing after we sold our best player weeks ago is really beyond nuts!
They've done ok in reinforcing the defence - and got someway into midfield.

That said, reinventing the attack seems to have been an abject failure so far.

Perhaps they've just run out of cash flow / FFP to do the forwards without using loans.

Right, that's enough of the childish and puerile insults - any more and a period in isolation might make you rather Mr Unhappy !!

….I hear the links to the likes of Maupay but how positive it would be if we bring in a striker with the same profile as Onana. It would really be a statement of things to come from the Lampard/Thelwell partnership.
I don't disagree but we need two or three forwards though so having one with a bit of EPL experience would be an idea no?

Mate, absolutely with you here. I'm not advocating the signing of Maupay or Che, however I just don't see any players in the mould you describe. Not this window anyhow.
I just think if you have the AG Chelsea money you enter a different conversation of prospects. Maupay and Che look to me a reflection of a lack of resources and FFP restrictions. Goncalo Ramos had a rumor with us recently. That comes at a different price (maybe reliant on Gordon going) but he also has truly world class potential IMO, while probably being able to replicate similar immediate return as the likes of Adams and Maupay.

One of a lot of other names. But the funds waving Dele's payment and AG could generate your ability to take risks and or buy more proven prospects is more feasible.

I just think if you have the AG Chelsea money you enter a different conversation of prospects. Maupay and Che look to me a reflection of a lack of resources and FFP restrictions. Goncalo Ramos had a rumor with us recently. That comes at a different price (maybe reliant on Gordon going) but he also has truly world class potential IMO, while probably being able to replicate similar immediate return as the likes of Adams and Maupay.

One of a lot of other names. But the funds waving Dele's payment and AG could generate your ability to take risks and or buy more proven prospects is more feasible.
But who is Goncalo Ramos. Could be Fabio Silva MK2. Big risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back