Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting on Broja would explain why it is dragging on. You'd have to hope that there are contingencies in the background that we can quickly switch to if Broja ends up not being available.

….it’s high risk strategy, Billy, given what happened to the Zouma and Tomori on Deadline Day.

i actually think the target is bringing in 2 attackers, but the Gordon deal determines the quality we can acquire.

Just a reminder to everyone that none of us are privy to the inner workings of recruitment at Everton FC, nor are any blag Twitter 'journalists'. As such, it's best to not let it bother you until September 1st, when Shane Long rocks up at Finch Farm.
Already joined Reading, scratch that one off

….it’s high risk strategy, Billy, given what happened to the Zouma and Tomori on Deadline Day.

i actually think the target is bringing in 2 attackers, but the Gordon deal determines the quality we can acquire.
yes if that is really the strategy it's high risk. I'm just speculating though based on that tweet. We don't really know TBH

On the Sarr links removed of him possibly coming to us, he is a great case study in the potential risks of not agreeing to this Gordon Chelsea offer. A year or two ago Sarr was being linked to the likes of Liverpool and others for what likely would have been 40 plus. Getting older, the production staying relatively the same, the numbers being thrown about are marginal if not below what Watford bought him for.

Clearly they are two different players, and the trajectory in Gordons case could appreciate, but the likes of Brighton don't worry if there is a possible higher number in a year or two's time. They calculate their initial investment, the risk and judge the return in correlation to how they can reinvest that money .

There are good odds that this is Gordon's highmark evaluation for years, if ever. That has to be factored as much as the possibility of it getting higher. In my opinion the synthesis of those two paths, and the needed funds to improve the squad point to the sale being wise.

You do know Watford paid 30m for Sarr when they bought him? Him getting linked for 40m was hardly earthshaking profit on him

Status
Not open for further replies.