Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reports that because the Chelsea owner is also the owner of a Baseball team, he is trying to do a players plus cash deal for Gordon. I know the media love this stuff, but I cant see it myself, these days the clubs normally do separate deals and dont do player plus cash

Graeme Bailey has been discussing Chelsea’s interest in Anthony Gordon from Everton.

The Blues are very keen to sign Gordon, this summer, Bailey is reportedly that Todd Boehly could look to do an American-style trade deal for the attacker.
The journalist shared what he knows about this potential deal.

“I don’t think it’s a straight £45m, it’s also players that Lampard could get, he particularly likes Billy Gilmour, Ross Barkley is interesting. It’s an interesting one with Gordon, this could be a real Todd Boehly baseball-type trade deal here, we could see three or four Chelsea players involved in this,” Bailey said.

https://www.[Publication is blackli...ist-makes-remarkable-everton-swap-deal-claim/

Further proof for you.

If that is right it still doesn`t change the landscape much.... Still quite damning... Lost 4.5 of 7.5 games which a lose % of 60% and a win % of 26%

5-2-3
Wolves H L1-0 Never looked like scoring
Newcastle A L3-1
Leicester A W2-1
Watford A D0-0
Brentford H L3-2
Crystal Palace H 1st half L2-0
Arsenal A L5-1
Chelsea H W1-0
= Played 7.5, Scored 7, conceded 15, points 7.
Goal Difference - -8
Points per game - 0.93
Goals per game - 0.93
Conceded per game - 2.31

If that is right it still doesn`t change the landscape much.... Still quite damning... Lost 4.5 of 7.5 games which a lose % of 60% and a win % of 26%

5-2-3
Newcastle A L3-1
Leicester A W2-1
Watford A D0-0
Brentford H L3-2
Arsenal A L5-1
Chelsea H W1-0
= Played 7.5, Scored 7, conceded 15, points 7.
Goal Difference - -8
Points per game - 0.93
Goals per game - 0.93
Conceded per game - 2.31

I mean, I'd have to go check if you got the formations right on all the other games, but I of course won't.

I think he'd be very good for us. Sarr and Brereton Diaz for £25m would be excellent business if we could do it. Would hopefully leave £20m+ left over from the Gordon sale to bring in a higher profile striker in too.

If we could do the above, I think it'll have turned out to have been a remarkably positive window.

That said, we'll probably just sell Gordon and somehow mess up making any further signings knowing us.

6791737C-954B-43A9-BAE1-F7F25CF96678.jpeg

I think the players don`t just drop off to the levels they did, yes something was fundamentally wrong within the camp under the Kopite King Rafael but formations since have not suited the players except when we`ve played a back 4 and been competitive or won....

Again this formation does not suit the players, our players will be good enough in a 4-3-3.... all the evidence is there.

4-3-3
Man City H L1-0 unlucky/ref decision
Liverpool A L 2-0 competitive
Newcastle H W 1-0
West Ham A L2-1 mistakes
Man Utd H W1-0
Leicester H D1-1
Crystal Palace H 2nd half won 3-0
Spurs A L5-0
Burnley A L3-2
Chelsea W1-0
= Played 9.5, Scored 10, conceded 14, points 13.
Goal Difference -4, obviously the Spurs defeat was costly but only Spurs and Liverpool beat us by 2 clear goals, rest were the odd goals.
Points per game - 1.37
Goals per game - 1.05
Conceded per game - 1.47

4-4-2
Leeds H W3-0
Southampton A L2-0
= Played 2, Scored 3, conceded 2, points 3.
Goal Difference +1
Points per game - 1.50
Goals per game - 1.50
Conceded per game - 1.00

5-2-3
Newcastle A L3-1
Leicester A W2-1
Watford A D0-0
Brentford H L3-2
Arsenal A L5-1
= Played 6.5, Scored 6, conceded 15, points 4.
Goal Difference - -9
Points per game - 0.62
Goals per game - 0.92
Conceded per game - 2.31

All off the stats from last season, anyone wanting the 5-2-3 stats WANTS Everton to be relegated.

This season, early days I know....

5-2-3
Chelsea H L1-0
Villa A L1-0
= Played 2, Scored 0, conceded 2, points 0.
Goal Difference - -2
Points per game - 0.00
Goals per game - 0..00
Conceded per game - 1.00

4-2-3-1
Villa (Last 10 minutes) D1-1
= Played 1, Scored 1, conceded 1.
Goal Difference - 0
Goals per game - 1.00
Conceded per game - 1.00

See the pattern forming here?

I dont like the 5-2-3 formation, we always get battered by teams that play with 3 players in the center of midfield. But at times last season Frank was trying to solve our defensive problems with the 5 at the back, whilst also having no one who could tackle in central midfield and having 5 wingers and no striker for most of the time. So he didnt have many options.

I think now, he has signed 2 new central defenders to shore us up at the back and a CM who can tackle, with another on the way (Gana). The only outstanding issue is up front. If we sign 2 forwards, one of whom can also play wide, we should have more options in the formations we can play

Reports that because the Chelsea owner is also the owner of a Baseball team, he is trying to do a players plus cash deal for Gordon. I know the media love this stuff, but I cant see it myself, these days the clubs normally do separate deals and dont do player plus cash

Graeme Bailey has been discussing Chelsea’s interest in Anthony Gordon from Everton.

The Blues are very keen to sign Gordon, this summer, Bailey is reportedly that Todd Boehly could look to do an American-style trade deal for the attacker.
The journalist shared what he knows about this potential deal.

“I don’t think it’s a straight £45m, it’s also players that Lampard could get, he particularly likes Billy Gilmour, Ross Barkley is interesting. It’s an interesting one with Gordon, this could be a real Todd Boehly baseball-type trade deal here, we could see three or four Chelsea players involved in this,” Bailey said.

Unless Barkley is involved because he had been hired to drive Broja, Gallagher, Gilmour and the suitcase containing £30m up to Liverpool after Thelwell has rinsed Yankee Todd, he shouldn't be anywhere near this kind of negotiation.

Status
Not open for further replies.