Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
i get that, but it’s clearly effecting us now
It is, but we needed to do a ridiculously huge amount of business on a relative shoestring. That takes time, knowledge and a bit of luck. We are getting linked with lots of forwards which suggests to me that a lot of background work is being done. I doubt we have a whole load of budget or salary to make it work. Dele leaving may creat headroom for a better target.

If we had sorted striker, we would probably be panicking about midfield or defence.

Quite honestly (and rather soberingly) with the number of new players we needed/are bringing in I think we can write off most of the first third of the season. No matter who we get through the door in the next 2 weeks + its going to take time for the team to build an understanding. You cannot expect to replace the spine of a team, bolster the defence, replace the midfield and bring in a new attack AND win games right away.

Why would they be releasing him free of charge? Has the Everton, “Can we have your player without paying you?” move finally paid off?
Would seem odd considering they supposedly turned down a 25m bid from another club (rumoured to be west ham). But we all love a jarg rumour.

I see the point you’re making and appreciate the effort that’s gone into that post but I don’t consider any of those sample sizes big enough to say I see a discernible pattern, no.

My increasing feeling is that Carlo is just that good a coach, that he managed to squeeze an excellent half-season out of this gang of ne’er-do-wells and James, and that what has come since is more reflective of our true baseline position as a squad. A slight underperformance last season in terms of position but I’d put us no higher than 13th on paper ability alone.

The right coaching team will get the best tune they can by impressing their system on the players, while noting the need - as Frank has on multiple occasions - to be adaptable. The Palace game is an excellent example of that.

FWIW I’d much rather us play 4 at the back too, but Frank seems to like 5 and Kev has done a BTEC in 5-3-2 or something, so I just hope the squad can take to it better with a preseason and some sexy new players.
It will be a wait and see, after last season I feel we need to be getting the most from every game which we haven`t.

Forest is massive and we have no new reinforcements coming in, when is the signing deadline? Tomorrow is it?

After Forest we got Brentford A, Leeds A then Liverpool at home. I can see us being winless after 6 games then I`m thinking Moshiri will start to get twitchy...

Vault me but I think this 5 at the back will cost Frank his job, we just never look like winning with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back