Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone is going to have to explain to me how a newly promoted side can massively outspend a team that has been ever present in this league. Not excusing our awful spending but it seems crazy to me.
They've got a squad full of players on championship wages, and have suddenly had a MASSIVE upturn in revenue (probably to the tune of 5 or 6x what it will have been last season)

Do we have a long term coordinated transfer strategy or are we continuing to adopt an ad hoc policy whereby we end up buying players willy nilly and find ourselves having 3 players fighting for 1 position and none fighting for several positions?
And then just pray that the 11 selected might actually be able to play and complement each other.
We seem to have been lurching through this hit and hope policy for many seasons now
Or do we have a cunning plan that is so cunning that I can't see it?

Going to be too late to have a striker ready for Saturday now even if we announced one tomorrow so that makes it 3 games of the new season without one. Really takes some believing after almost being relegated last season. This is what happens when you have a self appraising board.

Do we have a long term coordinated transfer strategy or are we continuing to adopt an ad hoc policy whereby we end up buying players willy nilly and find ourselves having 3 players fighting for 1 position and none fighting for several positions?
And then just pray that the 11 selected might actually be able to play and complement each other.
We seem to have been lurching through this hit and hope policy for many seasons now
Or do we have a cunning plan that is so cunning that I can't see it?
Tough to say one window into a new DOF. There are some decent signs. Also some questionable ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.