Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been quite relaxed up until now, I really can’t be arsed with another season like last year. You would think that last season would have woke a few people at the club up and get them to pull they’re fingers out, but here we are about to enter the third game of the season with a forward line that would struggle in the championship, it’s unbelievable.

I honestly had faith that at least 2 would have been through the door this week, it would have given us half a chance to at least score a goal ffs. Just got to hope that Forest are so unsettled with the new additions that we manage to score a set piece.

Negative post but I’m on the verge of pissing my sheets here.
I understand this viewpoint. What I'd say though is we've clearly agreed everything with Gana for ages now and he should've been signed last week, it's an issue with him and PSG so there's nothing more that we can do. Outside of him I think we'll be just looking at the attacking options like you said from now until the end of the window. There are 2 major factors at play with us and our options at the moment.

We're waiting on Broja as he's clearly our first choice so that's one issue, another is if we do sell Gordon we'll probably be looking at better more expensive players to bring in. This means the club are probably a bit apprehensive to bring someone in this week when next week Broja could become available or Gordon could be sold, meaning that the player we brought in now would be wasted money. Obviously it's not ideal for us at the moment but if we take our feelings aside it's absolutely the right decision to try to wait and get the best possible players rather than settle for lesser players just because they can come in right now.

If we're going into the derby with a poor looking squad feel free to wet the bed all you want, I would say wait and see though. It's pointless to judge how the squad looks now when so much is up in the air and can change in the next week and a half.

According to journalist Pete O’Rourke, Everton could be “actively pursuing” Espanyol’s star striker Raul de Tomas.

Speaking to Football FanCast, O’Rourke said: "Everton definitely need to bring a new striker in before the transfer window closes and de Tomas could be one of the targets they are actively pursuing"

The above is interesting if true. Would push DCL to start even if Dom is healthy. Get him and then one of the more nuisance types (Maupay or Adams) and things looking a bit better.
Looks like guesswork judging by the language used I.e could be

According to journalist Pete O’Rourke, Everton could be “actively pursuing” Espanyol’s star striker Raul de Tomas.

Speaking to Football FanCast, O’Rourke said: "Everton definitely need to bring a new striker in before the transfer window closes and de Tomas could be one of the targets they are actively pursuing"

The above is interesting if true. Would push DCL to start even if Dom is healthy. Get him and then one of the more nuisance types (Maupay or Adams) and things looking a bit better.

I mean, reading it that it sounds like Mr O'Rourke is just saying who he thinks we should watch.

Watkins for £20m-ish would be a good deal but can't help but feel like something like that would only be a byproduct of the fact that Gerrard doesn't rate him and a number of Villa fans seem to feel the same...

I really liked the idea of MGW but that was before Onana who looks like more the player we need for the current set up and when I was thinking around £20-25m.

£40+ is an enormous gamble for a player who hasn’t shined in the premier league yet!

Anyway, more than anything, we need a striker.
Even that is steep. He scored 1 in 50 PL appearances. Forest fund Wolves to buy better player in Nunes lol.

The ‘strategic review’ has clearly paid off. The club must have known Richarlison was off for a long while before he was sold. Once again they’ve dithered and seem to have been caught by surprise that we might need a goalscorer. Any well organised club would have scoured Europe and beyond, come up with a clear shortlist and be working through it. This is like all the other transfer windows we’ve had in the last 5 years, scrambling round looking to beg and borrow from any one who might be willing to loan us a striker with some promise of a permanent deal next summer. We’ve written off the first 2 games having no one up top and will probably struggle again tomorrow. We stayed up by a couple of points last season, i hope we don’t live to regret this cavalier approach of just sitting on our hands and sacrificing points.
‘What would Everton do, they always get it right.’

Pickford
Coleman Mina Keane Holgate Mykolenko
Allan Doucoure
Gordon DCL Richy

Pickford
Patterson Holgate Coady Tarkowski Mykolenko
Onana Iwobi
McNeil DCL Gordon

I know there's a lot of doom and gloom but we have clearly strengthened our strongest XI in general and more so when a new forward arrives.

Looking behind those players we still need a DM (Garner) an attacking midfielder (Gallagher) and a centre forward (Broja).

If we could bring in 3 players for those positions we'd have a very good squad.

Looks like we will buy Forest's plan B of James Garner now.

Forest beating us to our main targets is not a good sign.

Garner would be a decent signing

That would be ideal.

Good morning all, apologies in advance for the sludge below….. it’s bottom of the barrel stuff and it’s been a journey just reading through it. Good luck and have a great day.

Everton have set their sights on signing Napoli playmaker Eljif Elmas, according to Gianluca Di Marzio.

Everton have set their sights on signing Napoli playmaker Eljif Elmas, according to Gianluca Di Marzio.

The report adds that Napoli would only sell Elmas if there is an ‘important offer’ on the table, meaning Everton will have to push the boat out again.

Speaking to Football FanCast, O’Rourke said:

Everton definitely need to bring a new striker in before the transfer window closes and de Tomas could be one of the targets they are actively pursuing

Everton are once again rumoured with Watford winger Ismaila Sarr. [Evening Standard]

“There is always speculation surrounding him [Ben Brereton Díaz], I am always talking about him. He is a good boy and he is a quality player. As I have said many times, if there is a bid, it is the amount of the bid. He would cost £30m in my eye (later clarifies that was a joke). The boy, let him focus on football. He is trying hard to do his best, he has been brilliant so far. It was not an excellent game for him but plenty of players did not perform. It was not to do with the bid, let him focus on football,” says Blackburn manager Jon Dahl Tomasson on rumoured Everton target Ben Brereton Díaz. [Lancs Live]

Everton continue to be linked with 22-year-old Marseille striker Bamba Dieng. [Newcastle World]

Everton have registered their interest in signing Aston Villa star Ollie Watkins, sources have told Football Insider.

The Midlands giants are open to letting Watkins go as they work on a deal to recruit an A-list front man in the final weeks of the summer window.

It is believed manager Steven Gerrard has a tense relationship with Watkins and one well-placed source told us the pair “do not see eye to eye”.

Dele Alli is one step closer to leaving Everton this summer after positive discussions with Besiktas on Thursday, according to the Daily Mail.

The 26-year-old only joined the Toffees in the dying hours of the January transfer window from Tottenham Hostpur but a very uninspiring seven months have seen him near the exit door already.

Belgian international Adnan Januzaj is currently a free agent after running down his contract with Real Sociedad. And the 27-year-old is believed to be set on a return to the Premier League with Goodison Park his preferred destination.

That's according to RMC Sport journalist Sacha Tavolieri, who claims that the possible exit of Anthony Gordon or another Everton player could prompt the Blues to capitalise on Januzaj's availability.

Sky Sports pundit Alex McLeish has been left reacting to some Everton exit news that he has heard involving Anthony Gordon

Speaking to Football Insider, McLeish has given his reaction to the news, claiming that losing Gordon would be ‘horrendous’:

And

Chelsea are ready to make a third approach to try and sign Everton winger Anthony Gordon next week, according to London News Online.

Todd Boehly, the Blues’ new owner, has already had two bids rejected by the Toffees with the latest totalling £45million [Sky Sports journalist Alan Myers] as Frank Lampard and Kevin Thelwell remain adamant on keeping the 21-year-old.

But Chelsea are not prepared to lie down on this matter and next week is now likely to see an offer worth £55million arrive on Farhad Moshiri’s doorstep.

Everton have joined the race to sign Benfica striker Goncalo Ramos in the final couple of weeks in this window, according to Record.

The Portuguese newspaper has reported in its print edition [19 August, pg. 15] that the Toffees are readying an offer to sign the 21-year-old before the window slams shut.

“The Goodison Park club is also getting ready to come forward with an offer for the number 88 shirt.”

View attachment 179194
Thank you Forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back