Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn’t he already rejected a move to Everton?
Technically yes, but that's because he was waiting for, and then considering, Lyon's new contract offer.

If he's looked at the contract and decided "No thanks, I'm off" then we should at least follow up on our earlier interest with a bid. But clubs in Spain, France, Italy and Germany have all enquired too, plus other Prem clubs. The player's agent is being given the easiest job in history.

I’m not sure that Myko is good enough as an attacking wing back. He’s a decent player just we would be placing quite a lot of reliance on a player that’s probably better as a full back and a very inexperienced right wing back. I’ve no idea about Vinagre.
The same would presumably apply to a 343 / 523?

if we don't want to play attacking wingbacks then we shouldn't be playing 3 at the back. Which takes us full circle back to my original point.

You better tell Lampard then who already said ‘I see him as an 8 for us’.
If that's true, we still need a 6, which explains the interest in Garner.

It would also mean we'd have nine or ten CMs in the senior squad, which is far too many. If we don't start finding buyers for Allan, Gomes and Gbamin we are going to be paying £80k p/w to players who aren't even registered to play, which simply perpetuates our financial difficulties.

No he wouldn’t be, utter garbage, that bad he hasn’t been picked up in the A league here in Oz

Terrible shout!
It’s so frustrating, to read from our fans. We’re in desperate need of quality, players who would start every week and improve the first team. We get linked with some crap and folk go “cheap and a decent squad option”. We don’t need more squad options, we need major improvements to the first team. Just because someone is cheap doesn’t mean they’re good, what we need or that we should sign them.

It’s so frustrating, to read from our fans. We’re in desperate need of quality, players who would start every week and improve the first team. We get linked with some crap and folk go “cheap and a decent squad option”. We don’t need more squad options, we need major improvements to the first team. Just because someone is cheap doesn’t mean they’re good, what we need or that we should sign them.
Absolutely 100% agree.

We need to bring in first-team players who push the previous starter on to the bench (like we have with Tarkowski > Keane and Onana > all our CMs). This improves the XI and strengthens the bench. Buying players who are in position to even challenge the current starting XI is a waste of funds UNLESS we simply don't have a player at all in that specific position.

This is why we need to recruit a wide player who is better than Gray, Gordon and McNeil, a CF who is roughly on a par with DCL, and a CM better than Iwobi, rather than looking at Che Adams and saying "He's better than Rondon".

Rubbish! ‘Desperate need of quality players’ you said in the same sentence as Rogic, might be an idea to watch him, then watch the A league here in Oz ( same quality as the business houses Sunday league football) He was rejected by Sydney and Central Coast

What’s next Ali Dia’s son, because he kicked a ball once……Jebus wept!

Rubbish! ‘Desperate need of quality players’ you said in the same sentence as Rogic, might be an idea to watch him, then watch the A league here in Oz ( same quality as the business houses Sunday league football) He was rejected by Sydney and Central Coast

What’s next Ali Dia’s son, because he kicked a ball once……Jebus wept!
Why don’t you read what I said again, then wipe the rabid foam from your mouth before posting pish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back