Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lamps said almost a week ago that in two weeks we will be looking a lot stronger.

I can only think that he meant we would be doing a lot of strength work in the gym because there ain’t no sign of any decent players being bought to make us stronger in that way!

Why would we not see Onana as a DM? He played there for his last club, and does so for his country. If we don't use him there then I question the wisdom of dropping £30m on him.

If money is tight then one of Gana or Garner (you & I appear to agree on the factors separating them), plus Moffi at CF (linked for £7m yesterday and Thursday) and Tsygankov out wide (just entered final year of contract) would close our window to an acceptable point.

If we manage to make some sales (Allan? Gbamin? Gomes?) and therefore clear some payroll space then we could broaden our range of targets. The various Chelsea players we've been tracking though... I doubt we'll get any of them.

At this point, I'd offer Gordon to Man Utd, asking for £40m plus Garner. Plenty of wingers and forwards out there to buy with that money.

So who plays DM / deep-lying CM then? Gomes? Davies? Doucoure?

We've been complaining, as a fanbase, that we've lacked a shield in front of the defence for absolute beards. Now we've spent £30m on one of the best young prospects in Europe at that position but you want to play him as a 10??

Martinez said he was signed by us to play DM + also apparently he will be Belgiums next DM.

However, Lampard has said he sees him as an 8. The idea i believe being that (like Vieira in his pomp) he can pickup the ball deep and stride down the pitch in quick time with players bouncing off him.

Vieira was also a DM in his youth and seen as one at AC Milan before Wenger got hold of him.

I am and always have been a big fan of Maxi Gomez. He'd be good backup for DCL...aim at his head and hes strong as a bull to hold defenders off and get headers on goal.

If that's true, we still need a 6, which explains the interest in Garner.

It would also mean we'd have nine or ten CMs in the senior squad, which is far too many. If we don't start finding buyers for Allan, Gomes and Gbamin we are going to be paying £80k p/w to players who aren't even registered to play, which simply perpetuates our financial difficulties.

Thats been our issue under Moshiri, not enough squad players sold by any DOFs.

Such a shame we never added 10 million to the Dwight McNeill fee and bought Collins instead.

Lad has everything

Yeah i said that when he got into the Burnley team after Mee's injury last season.

He'll move on next summer for big money.

….I like South American strikers, they’re usually tough and talented.
1660999678501.png

I'll give you tough...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back