Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes yes yes.

I prefer Goncalo. To me he is just a tier prospect we rarely attract and would likely not have any chance of getting a year from now. But if that price for Gomez is what it is, its fine value for a back-up with potential to kick on and appreciate and him expand too a starter. I just think we should be buying with the idea of having a new target man from either continued DCL injuries or the likelihood of DCL being sold in the not so distant future.

That said just broadly more optimistic of Thelwell approaching the end of the window, maybe with not taking the Gordon deal withstanding (although that isnt finished). That said the incomings rumored the last three or so days seem sensible transfers. Moving off of Dele is huge to offering flexibility. It should be an interesting close to the window.

That’s the plan, that’s what we are supposed to transition to but our wingbacks aren’t good enough on the ball
I'd agree that the plan hasn't worked thus far, but I disagree with your analysis of the reasons for failure. Patterson has been strong so far and between the two of them Mykolenko and Vinagre seem good enough on the left.

The issue is that our CMs really, really struggle in a two. They can't move the ball forward in possession and they get bypassed when the oppo has the ball - hence the wingbacks drop really deep and create a back 5, which is a horrible starting point for any attacking movement because of the limited options to pass forward. It's no surprise we have invited pressure over long periods in the first couple games.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back