Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be careful what you wish for. It looks great on fifa manager selling our two best forwards for 140m (doubt we’d get that for the pair myself) and having all that money to spend, but we’ve never replaced lukaku’s goals. Everyone was saying how happy they were getting 75m for him and look how that was wasted. I don’t trust our board to make the right decisions to replace either.

I'm not endorsing selling DCL by any stretch but if we sell him for anything less than 75m I'd be bloody fuming.

He's basically back up striker to Kane for England, his hold up play is superb, brings others into the game, drags defenders all over the shop, defensively excellent, looks after the ball and gets his quota of goals.

Been devastating not having him in the side because we look far FAR more potent with him in than without

Bit of a flawed logic given when they signed him for 55m he had been doing those things

I cant see anyone paying more than around £70m for DCL unless he suddenly goes on a massive goal blitz again
If Spurs sell Kane this summer they'll be straight in for DCL, and Arsenal were rumoured to have been sniffing around him last month.

HOWEVER: the financial rules we need to worry about don't demand that we make a big sale, they demand that we get a grip on our ongoing losses. The departure of just three high-earning wasters who are OOC in the summer (Delph, Sigurdsson and Tosun) will save us around 12m per year in wages alone. So the question is, how much more "fat" do we need to trim?

I'd be looking at the older players on higher wages: Mina, Gomes and Keane.

Yerry is our best defender but misses way too many games - sell. The fee we get almost doesn't matter, we save £5m in wages (per annum) just by him leaving. So let's say we get a £10m fee for him, that will do fine.

Gomes: great at coming on with 25 mins to go against tiring opponents, can't start a Prem game and play 70 mins (let alone 90)... But he's paid as if he's our best midfielder. Sell him and we save around £4m in wages alone. I would offer him to any French, German, Spanish or Portuguese club and look for a fee around £8m.

Keane: if we can shift both Gomes and Mina we should in theory be able to bring in a commanding CB (let's say £15m in incoming transfer fees, and £21m in wages saved from Gomes, Mina, Delph, Tosun and Sigurdsson all leaving). If that new CB becomes the "leader" in the back four then Keane *might* earn a temporary stay of execution... But equally if another Prem club offered £15m for him, I'd sell.

I'd give Holgate and Davies a little more time. Lampard *might* be able to develop them and if not, well they are younger and on lower wages than Gomes and Mina. We can sell them next January or summer 23.

Was thinking the same...huge potential.

If DCL was to go for £80-90mil then bringing in Broja for £30mil could prove to be fantastic business.
Indeed. He was the star player at OT, raw power. Kind of hoping he‘s carrying a knock from that lump Maguire standing on his calf late on. Don’t fancy him against our central defense this weekend.

Suspect he’ll be in high demand this summer is he sustains the current level of performance.

If Spurs sell Kane this summer they'll be straight in for DCL, and Arsenal were rumoured to have been sniffing around him last month.

HOWEVER: the financial rules we need to worry about don't demand that we make a big sale, they demand that we get a grip on our ongoing losses. The departure of just three high-earning wasters who are OOC in the summer (Delph, Sigurdsson and Tosun) will save us around 12m per year in wages alone. So the question is, how much more "fat" do we need to trim?

I'd be looking at the older players on higher wages: Mina, Gomes and Keane.

Yerry is our best defender but misses way too many games - sell. The fee we get almost doesn't matter, we save £5m in wages (per annum) just by him leaving. So let's say we get a £10m fee for him, that will do fine.

Gomes: great at coming on with 25 mins to go against tiring opponents, can't start a Prem game and play 70 mins (let alone 90)... But he's paid as if he's our best midfielder. Sell him and we save around £4m in wages alone. I would offer him to any French, German, Spanish or Portuguese club and look for a fee around £8m.

Keane: if we can shift both Gomes and Mina we should in theory be able to bring in a commanding CB (let's say £15m in incoming transfer fees, and £21m in wages saved from Gomes, Mina, Delph, Tosun and Sigurdsson all leaving). If that new CB becomes the "leader" in the back four then Keane *might* earn a temporary stay of execution... But equally if another Prem club offered £15m for him, I'd sell.

I'd give Holgate and Davies a little more time. Lampard *might* be able to develop them and if not, well they are younger and on lower wages than Gomes and Mina. We can sell them next January or summer 23.
Davies only has a year left. So a decision needs to be made. I’d sell he’s a bit part at best never going to be a regular or even first reserve.

Holgate the same imo. The last couple of summers haven proven how difficult it is to shift some of these players. So beggars can’t be choosers as they say.

Also yes we could shift 4/5 fringe players added to the OOC players. But we need at least 3/4 top class players to kick on. CB, CM( maybe 2) And another attacker. Wing/striker.

Amd I’m not sure these fringe players will cover that

Was thinking the same...huge potential.

If DCL was to go for £80-90mil then bringing in Broja for £30mil could prove to be fantastic business.

If minded to sell, which is a big if, Chelsea are not going to take 30m for Broja. Southamton offered that with add ons and a buy back clause a few weeks ago, politely declined.

I dont think we will get £70m for DCL in the current climate unless DCL scores 10 goals in the last half of the season minimum.

He can go on streaks so its entirely possible but I don't think its likely this year given everything he has gone through. I think we should keep him at least one more year and see what he can do in a full season next year and maybe his value will rise with a decent world cup too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back