Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa £20m Sarr bid accepted, Newcastle £25m Pedro bid accepted.

Two very decent players who would improve our attacking options no end.

Can anybody hand on heart say that keeping Anthony Gordon and sticking with our current options would be better than selling him for £50m and getting these two in to revamp the attack?

Obviously we've missed our chance through our typical dithering, but it would have been a no brainer. Could all have been taken care of last week.

Alas it's a final week rummage through the damaged items aisle again.

I mean devils advocate here, but would they?

Pedro is a striker who has like 3 goals in 30 odd games. Surely we need to find better?

I mean devils advocate here, but would they?

Pedro is a striker who has like 3 goals in 30 odd games. Surely we need to find better?

With 9 days left mate,we shouldn't be selling one of our only attacking players who shows drive in order to 'hope' we bring in 3-4 better ones.

Gonna stick the Chelsea game in later as a scouting job ?, btw noticed Broja has another knock, think he was sent home the from the US with one too, be typical if we got him he'd end up missing most of the season ?

With 9 days left mate,we shouldn't be selling one of our only attacking players who shows drive in order to 'hope' we bring in 3-4 better ones.

Gonna stick the Chelsea game in later as a scouting job ?, btw noticed Broja has another knock, think he was sent home the from the US with one too, be typical if we got him he'd end up missing most of the season ?

I can certainly see such an argument.

On the two Watford lads, like sure, maybe they do ok. And I like both. Sarr has always flattered to deceive a bit mind. But there is always a tendency to view others players as much better than they are.

I'm not sure Sarr is better than Gray, who is erratic but gets 5/6 goals a season. That's all Sarr has shown he can do thus far.

I can certainly see such an argument.

On the two Watford lads, like sure, maybe they do ok. And I like both. Sarr has always flattered to deceive a bit mind. But there is always a tendency to view others players as much better than they are.

I'm not sure Sarr is better than Gray, who is erratic but gets 5/6 goals a season. That's all Sarr has shown he can do thus far.

Sarr isn't, he's just got a rep still due to how much they paid for him compared to Gray.

20/25m for Sarr is daylight robbery and confirms to me that Villa are repeating exactly our mistakes of the recent years.

They need a cm and a cb and are just buying forward after forward all of a similar profile - utterly mental like when we bought 6 number 10s

We're missing a couple of defenders and Doucoure in midfield. Otherwise we need a left sided centre back (Branthwaite next season) and a defensive midfielder.

Beyond those two players, with more games and experience together we'll be fine in those areas.

Up top Gordon, Kean and DCL moving brings in potentially £115mil to improve the forward line. Two of them next summer but we should move Gordon once Chelsea's next bid arrives.

I see 4 new players being needed (DM + 3 FW players + Branthwaite).

What I want to see as well are sales, starting with Gordon for this ridiculous fee.
This all seems broadly accurate. But one thing plays on my mind:

Even though players we've already signed this summer are being paid for on the drip, their total transfer cost adds up to roughly the Richarlison fee.

We can commit to roughly another £25m of purchases (because of Kean's fee being set in stone) but that's it until we sell again. And we need to sell again in order to clear payroll space. Selling Gordon raises transfer funds by leaving, great... But he's not on a big wage.

I fear we are hurtling towards another financial cliff edge; We desperately need more players in so that we can avoid disaster on the pitch, but we also desperately need to reduce the payroll to avoid disaster in the accounts.

0408CA83-86F6-4CBB-B8FB-1AF6B6929F93.webp

9E7BC213-DA6B-4BC4-BA1E-E2C9DC62BA78.webp

Most clubs have been shopping for their targets in Waitrose in Hugo Boss suits, on the last day we'll be scrambling round Farm Foods in Trackies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back