Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sell Richy and DCL, who are we replacing them with? Pickford is our easiest to replace most saleable asset in my opinion.
I don't think we need to sell both. I think sadly Richy will go. Dom it depends on what bids we get and he isn't at his peak value I would keep him unless we get a ridiculous bid. If we sell we have spent all season getting him fit for another club. Plus we have to replace him anyway. As you say we currently have two forwards worthy of the name so we need one or two regardless.

Which clubs is Pickford being linked to? I mean top clubs are all set with keepers and I think a few would go for Nick Pope instead so I don't see him leaving at all.

Obvious one of the two forwards will leave so just have to take the best fee and rebuild from there.

I think spurs are probably the only “top” club. The other is. Newcastle, Because they are newly rich and he is from the north east, so to the media it’s a “no brainer” regardless of his Sunderland links and the fact Newcastle fans have been horrible to him since he played for Sunderland and made a name for himself.

Theres bargains out there, there always are, lets see if Frank and his network are any good. Its not the dizzy heights of mega powered chelsea spending nor the shoestring derby were on. tbf his uncle could spot a player here and there (as well as a top up for his dogs pension*) so lets see what we cobble together. *allegedly.

If we sell Richy and DCL, who are we replacing them with? Pickford is our easiest to replace most saleable asset in my opinion.

It’s not always down to that, given our financial situation if someone makes a good offer for Richy or DCL, we may have to take it. We need 5 first teamers and we can’t sign players without letting some go for a profit. I think if DCL and Richy do go I think we should be going for Ben Brereton Diaz at Blackburn and Ludovic Blas from Nantes. The problem we may have is if we sell DCL for £60m, then when we try and sign a replacement clubs know we have £60m, so the price they want for their players goes through the roof

I think spurs are probably the only “top” club. The other is. Newcastle, Because they are newly rich and he is from the north east, so to the media it’s a “no brainer” regardless of his Sunderland links and the fact Newcastle fans have been horrible to him since he played for Sunderland and made a name for himself.
He will never play for them they hate his guts

And now comes the dark reality that we probably need a serious overhaul this summer to get closer to FFP rules. I hope it doesn't mean DCL, Richarlison and Pickford but you never know. And if Patterson isn't the answer we have to have a right back.

Get rid of the deadwood and bring in some young hungry potential.

Gomes, Delph, Kenny, gbamin, tosun, rondon, el ghazi, the list of dross goes on.

Midfield needs complete overhaul plus a centre back that isn’t injured all season

And now comes the dark reality that we probably need a serious overhaul this summer to get closer to FFP rules. I hope it doesn't mean DCL, Richarlison and Pickford but you never know. And if Patterson isn't the answer we have to have a right back.

Were within FFP rules.

We should be better off than last season with so many players having left / about to leave.

If we can tie those 3 down then great...if not then we have money to spend from their sales.

The defining area is going to be selling the deadwood....

Kean
Keane
Gomes
Gbamin
Allan
Gray

Etc etc...

Were within FFP rules.

We should be better off than last season with so many players having left / about to leave.

If we can tie those 3 down then great...if not then we have money to spend from their sales.

The defining area is going to be selling the deadwood....

Kean
Keane
Gomes
Gbamin
Allan
Gray

Etc etc...
Deadwood means people not needed, you seem to have named 3 or 4 first team players.

1 of which is 1 our biggest goal threats in Demz Gray.

It's ok to say, I want the following sold, but its wrong to call them all deadwood.

Also history says Mina is unlikely to be moved on and so ends up having the season of his life in the shop window. Plays like a man possessed and gets a move in january to whoever that fancy a jump start cos he aint euro cup tied.
The more things change the more they stay the same.

Also history says Mina is unlikely to be moved on and so ends up having the season of his life in the shop window. Plays like a man possessed and gets a move in january to whoever that fancy a jump start cos he aint euro cup tied.
The more things change the more they stay the same.

I can live with that. Means we’re probably on 25+ points if he’s having that great a season.

Lonergan, Tosun, Delph, Diddler, and Kenny expiring contracts is a good thing. Gomes, Gbamin and Mina have to go.

If you believe the internets that would be ~550k a week gone and hopefully 30-40m income.

Status
Not open for further replies.