Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the talk over Richy/DCL possibly leaving I think a few teams will be sniffing around Pickford after his hot form these past few months.

Likes of Spurs and Utd I could see showing an interest and tbh if we could get say £60 million for Englands number one and allow us to keep our 2 forwards but spend a fair bit on 3-4 good players to rebuild the team it wouldn't be a disaster.
But then £20m+ would have to go straight onto another good keeper.

I agree with what you're saying, but unless we can get a cheap replacement are we in essence robbing Peter to pay Paul?

Tarkowski on a free transfer would be a great deal, but I suppose he'll have a lot of offers on the table. Think we'd be sound with him and Godfrey at the back and Branthwaite, Keane and Mina as a squad players.

Nketiah or Brereton are obvious names we should be interested in as well.
If there is any money for Mina we have to sell, he's just not reliable.

According to an article from The Athletic a while back, Sigurdsson, Delph & Tosun leaving frees up over £250,000 a week in wages
Sounds about right that, roughly Sigurdsson £100k, Delph £80k, Tosun £70k. Can add another £150k p/w saving when VdB and El Ghazi leave too, as we’ll be paying their full wages.

My goal would be to get the highest earners who contribute the least/are ageing off the books. Going off averages taken from a few websites, we’re talking Gomes £100k, Allan £80k, Gbamin £65k. Kean is on about £50k too. Mina is our top earner on £120k but is the toughest to call of the lot.

That goes a hell of a long way to making our wage bill manageable, especially given that Digne, Bernard and James all left recently too.

We should be able to make some big savings on wages this summer.
Out of contract
Unnamed Icelandic international; £80k
Tosun; £80k
Delph; £80k
Lonergan; 20k
Kenny; 30k

Should be able to sell;
Mina; £100k
Allan; £100k
Keane £80k

Hopefully sell or loan;
Gomes;£100k

If they all moved on that’s around £35 million saved just in wages. Plus it seems Kean will be sold so that’s another £20 million plus.
I know finances are tight this summer, but if all of the above moved on it would thin out a bloated squad and make room for some younger, hungry players such as Johnson or O’Brien.

Sounds about right that, roughly Sigurdsson £100k, Delph £80k, Tosun £70k. Can add another £150k p/w saving when VdB and El Ghazi leave too, as we’ll be paying their full wages.

My goal would be to get the highest earners who contribute the least/are ageing off the books. Going off averages taken from a few websites, we’re talking Gomes £100k, Allan £80k, Gbamin £65k. Kean is on about £50k too. Mina is our top earner on £120k but is the toughest to call of the lot.

That goes a hell of a long way to making our wage bill manageable, especially given that Digne, Bernard and James all left recently too.
Mina is important, but also made of glass - reckon if there's any offer on the table we'll probably accept it.

We should be able to make some big savings on wages this summer.
Out of contract
Unnamed Icelandic international; £80k
Tosun; £80k
Delph; £80k
Lonergan; 20k
Kenny; 30k

Should be able to sell;
Mina; £100k
Allan; £100k
Keane £80k

Hopefully sell or loan;
Gomes;£100k

If they all moved on that’s around £35 million saved just in wages. Plus it seems Kean will be sold so that’s another £20 million plus.
I know finances are tight this summer, but if all of the above moved on it would thin out a bloated squad and make room for some younger, hungry players such as Johnson or O’Brien.
Mate you forget Gomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.