Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, I think for once we have done the right thing here.

Instead of keeping him around, paying him 100k, giving him 5minutes a game and owing Spurs 20million, we got him out and banked 50k a week.
We could have just signed someone else instead and not pay a player 200 grand a month to play for Besiktas

Definitely the right decision this summer. But we really shouldn't have to make these sort of decisions.

and spend £50k a week for the pleasure of seeing Dele have an extended holiday in Turkey and warm the Besiktas bench. Yep great deal.
When the other choice is paying him £100k p/w to stay here and not play, paying £50k p/w for him to go somewhere else is the better move.

Who knows, he might even get his act together at Besiktas. I'll believe it when I see it, but it's not an impossibility.

dele.jpg

We could have just signed someone else instead and not pay a player 200 grand a month to play for Besiktas

Definitely the right decision this summer. But we really shouldn't have to make these sort of decisions.
Meh. We were desperate, we took a chance, it didn’t really pay off. On the list of cockups the club has made in the last 7-8 years, the dele deal barely registers at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.