Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allan is 31 and has a year on his deal.

Davies has been injured for 223 days so unlikely to have offers.

Delph has to be waved off as his contract expires

Gomes + Gbamin have to be sold for pennies.

I'd say we hold onto Dele, Iwobi, Doucoure, Davies and sign 2 new midfielders.
Conor G plus one freebie the Austrian dm?

We need to start the overhaul immediately next week. Players need to be told they are leaving tomorrow morning. We need to start finding buyers for our other squad players immediately. Theres no tournament as an excuse this summer and the league starts earlier than normal. We dont want all these players turning up for pre season even though they are not wanted by Lampard. Let him have free reign to get rid of who he wants

If we start next season with a back 3 I’ll lose my mind.

Problem atm though mate is we are 4-5 players short of playing a back four ?

Coleman can't play in one anymore, Patterson is still pretty much completely unknown what he can do. None of our cbs can play in a back 4 unless it's alongside the tampon known as Mina, we dont have a holding midfielder capable of playing the role needed either.

Problem atm though mate is we are 4-5 players short of playing a back four ?

Coleman can't play in one anymore, Patterson is still pretty much completely unknown what he can do. None of our cbs can play in a back 4 unless it's alongside the tampon known as Mina, we dont have a holding midfielder capable of playing the role needed either.

I’d say we’re the same from effectively playing a back 5 though. You need 5+ competent CB’s to use it which we don’t have, you need multiple strikers to make sure it’s 3 midfield which we don’t have, then we have to play 2 in midfield of which none are great.

It’s a horror formation in the Premier League. Leave it in Europe where it works.

Don't know if people have noticed but Chelsea is losing 2 centre halves for nothing this summer and they've sold their previous best two in the academy. Their 2 best centre halves have a combined age of 69. They aren't letting a 19 year old who's transformed Huddersfield go. Move on.

They are also massively unlikely to be playing him either mate, can't think of Chelsea or similar team around them going with a 19yo with one season of first team footy in the championship.

Chelsea will buy in at least two cbs

I’d say we’re the same from effectively playing a back 5 though. You need 5+ competent CB’s to use it which we don’t have, you need multiple strikers to make sure it’s 3 midfield which we don’t have, then we have to play 2 in midfield of which none are great.

It’s a horror formation in the Premier League. Leave it in Europe where it works.

As I said early mate, I've zero idea how exactly you fix this squad in one summer, it's gonna take at least two seasons imo to get close

We need to start the overhaul immediately next week. Players need to be told they are leaving tomorrow morning. We need to start finding buyers for our other squad players immediately. Theres no tournament as an excuse this summer and the league starts earlier than normal. We dont want all these players turning up for pre season even though they are not wanted by Lampard. Let him have free reign to get rid of who he wants

I really want to see some ruthlessness. I thought Gomes was basically banished and told he isn’t needed but then he pops back up again (although it makes bit more sense if Allan is actually due surgery)

As I said early mate, I've zero idea how exactly you fix this squad in one summer, it's gonna take at least two seasons imo to get close

Ideally we all are prepared for at least a couple seasons of up and down results and runs of poor form as the players that stay we already know can be inconsistent, putting it politely, and the level we will be recruiting at will also be for players who have their flaws or are prospects still growing. Hopefully a couple of those staying really kick on to better things under Lampard and one or two of the signings just work out from the off. That’d be enough to get the extra draws and wins we need to not be experiencing dread and near heart attacks every week near the end of next season

I really want to see some ruthlessness. I thought Gomes was basically banished and told he isn’t needed but then he pops back up again (although it makes bit more sense if Allan is actually due surgery)
Yeah it sounds like Allan was on the bench in case of an emergency. I think I heard he needs a hernia operation. Davies is not going to be close to fit either so we had no real options, especially with Delph already completing his 3 games for the year.

Basically we need a complete overhaul and midfield and defence are the priorities because you need a spine who are reliable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back