Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then they're playing a risky game rejecting offer after offer for Gordon if we can't bring in a few strikers without selling him.

We are. I think it'll all happen in a flurry this last week of the window. Maybe to get their desired targets (not that I think they are) they maybe needed a very specific figure for Gordon.

Still, if we do reject £60m then someone at the club needs their head checking.

Just baffled.

I don't get it.

If we can afford to sign the likes of Che Adams for £25m, or Ben Brereton for £15m - why wait until now? Why weren't they in ages ago?

If we didn't have the funds, why haven't we prioritised buying them before others like Onana as quite clearly, we need strikers.

Did we not have the money to fund them upfront without selling Gordon?

Sell Gordon for £50m+£10m add ons.

Buy Che Adams for £25m, Ben Brereton for £15m, and Gana. Maybe a loan for Broja in there too.

If that happens, it'll be interesting to look back in a few years to see how good a deal that is...

….exactly what I’ve been saying. None of this makes any sense & is bordering on negligence.

I actually agree with this. He wasn't prolific, his link up play was poor and he missed a lot of chances. Scored some important goals though.

I liked Richarlison but i don't think he was the be all end all.
I feel like we hear this with every big departure, but the problem is the cumulative effect.

James, sicknote, won’t be a big loss.
Digne, been average this season, nearly 28, won’t be a big loss.
Richarlison, wastes a lot of chances, won’t be a big loss.
Gordon, overpriced, no end product, won’t be a big loss.

But when you’re not bringing in the quality to replace the net result becomes a massive, gaping loss.

Then they're playing a risky game rejecting offer after offer for Gordon if we can't bring in a few strikers without selling him.
The worry for me is that they are pinning all their hopes on Calvert lewin being fit. In the interviews lampard has done, he keeps saying nobody expected Calvert lewin to get injured. I think they are hoping he will be our main source of goals, with rondon as backup and then Gordon/McNeill/gray as cover. The problem is that they have all shown they are not good enough to cover a missing striker.

If Gordon stays, or if we don't replace him with at least 3 forward players (some combination of strikers and wide forwards), we are down.

We are. I think it'll all happen in a flurry this last week of the window. Maybe to get their desired targets (not that I think they are) they maybe needed a very specific figure for Gordon.

Still, if we do reject £60m then someone at the club needs their head checking.
Last I read was that the structure of the fee was not right. Too little up front and too much as add-ons

Just baffled.

I don't get it.

If we can afford to sign the likes of Che Adams for £25m, or Ben Brereton for £15m - why wait until now? Why weren't they in ages ago?

If we didn't have the funds, why haven't we prioritised buying them before others like Onana as quite clearly, we need strikers.

Did we not have the money to fund them upfront without selling Gordon?

Sell Gordon for £50m+£10m add ons.

Buy Che Adams for £25m, Ben Brereton for £15m, and Gana. Maybe a loan for Broja in there too.

If that happens, it'll be interesting to look back in a few years to see how good a deal that is...

Its the end of the market mate - we're going for what's available and throwing money at it and hoping something sticks.

Lets call it was it Che Adams or Dias weren't top of any lists and we are a fair bit down them - certainly not at the prices being reported - i mean we haggled and walked from Cornet and KLP deals earlier in the window.

I feel like we hear this with every big departure, but the problem is the cumulative effect.

James, sicknote, won’t be a big loss.
Digne, been average this season, nearly 28, won’t be a big loss.
Richarlison, wastes a lot of chances, won’t be a big loss.
Gordon, overpriced, no end product, won’t be a big loss.

But when you’re not bringing in the quality to replace the net result becomes a massive, gaping loss.

I get what your saying.

All the above are replaceable its just us as a club arent good at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back