Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo T
I feel like we hear this with every big departure, but the problem is the cumulative effect.

James, sicknote, won’t be a big loss.
Digne, been average this season, nearly 28, won’t be a big loss.
Richarlison, wastes a lot of chances, won’t be a big loss.
Gordon, overpriced, no end product, won’t be a big loss.

But when you’re not bringing in the quality to replace the net result becomes a massive, gaping loss.
Bingo Tony!

"the player is valued at 25m"

That doesn't necessarily mean we're willing to pay that much. Might be Soton's valuation. Might be a valuation Kaveh has pulled out of his arse.

"the player is valued at 25m"

That doesn't necessarily mean we're willing to pay that much. Might be Soton's valuation. Might be a valuation Kaveh has pulled out of his arse.

They dont need to sell though mate and we really need to buy, not sure we have great leverage, bar walking away - but we have a deadline.

Everton survives relegation by the skin of it's teeth.

Everton then sells their best player - the player who provided most goals and assists.

Everton is then about to sell it's most promising player with a few days of the window left.

Everton is seemingly scrambling around looking at Che Adams and Ben Brereton.

I rate Che Adams to be fair, but if we get relegated this season - there will be plenty of "What did Everton expect?"

I shared my view on here in June about whether the club have the right credentials/experience to manage the transfer market in that it seemed to me Thelwell and Lampard weren't ultimately responsible for transfers at their clubs before us.

I don't think any three of any of McNeil, Gordon, Townsend, Gray, Rondon and Calvert-Lewin for maybe 10-15 games is competitive enough to avoid another relegation fight.

I think the next days of the window will determine whether we're fighting relegation to the wire, or comfortably mid table. The margins are small between them, but we need goals and this team doesn't have creativity, or goals.

Lets just hope Thelwell and Lampard, who are reportedly relying on Kenwright to help, have some magic in them this next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back