Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
they chat wham

What's happening with Anthony Gordon?​

Sky Sports News' Kaveh Solhekol on The Transfer Show:
"We were told there were some crucial high-level meetings happening today with regards to Anthony Gordon and a move to Chelsea.
"They're prepared to pay up to £60m, he's believed to have told Everton he wants to leave. Thomas Tuchel wants him at Chelsea, and we're expecting an update on those meetings later today."

haha this was there update... nothing as norm

"Judge us when the window is closed."
this-is-fine.0.webp

Pointless even checking updates now, its been obvious for a while its the deadline day special again. Gordon will be gone. Not convinced enough quality will come in. Some of us have been screaming about this for weeks but hamstringing us in five games is shocking. The club is a mess and it's still as much of a mess as it was when they appointed Benitez.

The only way the current squad is scoring 40 goals is if Calvert lewin comes back in the next couple of weeks, stays fit all year, and scores 20. Even then one or two others would probably need to step up on anything they’ve ever done before. That’s not trying to be negative, it’s just a realistic assessment of what we have available.

Or we get players in who contribute (I appreciate that's not this squad).
But yes, the bigger worry is us getting to 40, rather keeping it to 50, which I can see us doing.

As things stand, if you offered me concede 50, score 40, I'm taking that deal all day!

That's kind of my point too, the risk is not a 40-50 season. The risk is it's worse.

I would rather us wait for our prime target(s) (whoever that is) than say gone and got a Che Adam’s 3 weeks ago.

Il go with Gordon out
Brereton Diaz in
And 2 others (Gallagher/Broja)

Or we get players in who contribute (I appreciate that's not this squad).
But yes, the bigger worry is us getting to 40, rather keeping it to 50, which I can see us doing.

As things stand, if you offered me concede 50, score 40, I'm taking that deal all day!

That's kind of my point too, the risk is not a 40-50 season. The risk is it's worse.
Yeah of course, that’s the point really. We need to bring people in who will create and score, because the current squad has almost nobody who can do either.

Yeah of course, that’s the point really. We need to bring people in who will create and score, because the current squad has almost nobody who can do either.

Yes, no disagreement there. In open play, weve lost 2 from DCL, 7 from Richarlison and potentially 4 from Gordon. That gives us 24 goals. As you say we need DCL to get 15+ and/or a wide forward to get 6-8 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back