Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon it'll be 4 more and Gordon will stay mate actually. (Kudos loan, Garner buy, loan from a domestic club and one naughty little purchase)

We'll also see a swathe of players leaving over this week too, and one will be 'unexpected' - most loans but think Keane and Allan will both leave for fees.

Just finished my cuppa and that's what the tea leaves showed me
You seem a bit more positive today mate. I didn't like the negative version of you that was sneeking in over the last few days.

Hope the Maupay signing goes through as it seems to have lifted the mood in here a bit. Well for most anyway?

I think you missed the part when I said we have enough bench fillers. You would invest in 2 eggs with a good chance of them joining the other eggs on the bench for most of the season.

I would prefer to put my money on 1 egg with greater quality. Most of the teams progressing would do the same.
It’s trusting us to find that one player though, we’ve had plenty of duds, including supposedly the best 19 year old on the world.

Can I ask everyone a question. Since when did Dominic Calvert-Lewin become Henry, or Bergkamp, or Shearer? He’s terrible, in all honesty. Some people in here saying we would have 9/9 points, top if the league if Dom plays, he’s the last piece of the puzzle etc etc. Dominic Calvert-Lewin is a Championship player at best. He certainly gives us more threat than nothing (which) we have got now, but someone who can only be relied on for about 10-12 goals and play maybe 65-70% of the season is not what we need either. We should be looking for his replacement, not forward partner. Sorry, I just don’t rate him highly at all, that’s my opinion!
Show me one person in any platform who has ever compared him to any of those players...

Pointing out that we would be stronger with our main centre forward is a logical, sensible opinion.

Your opinion is a reaction to an imagined narrative and is therefore, utter wham.

Very similar records in the Championship.

I am intrigued by Diaz and I don't hate Maupay, I think he is a fairly useful player, but we really need to be the club who signs Diaz from Forest for 7m or the one who gets Maupay for 1.6m from Saint Etienne. That is our biggest downfall.
Imagine the outrage if we made those signings though, they wouldn’t even be given a chance.
Unless they are top players on Fifa, our fans right them off straight away.
We buy a young foreign players most years, loan them back and they never even make it to Goodison.

Maupay currently earns £50k per month. He stands to improve that to c. £65k with the move if all finalised. Fee ~ £14m. Four year contract. Combined wage & annual amortisation ~ £7m.

Imagine the outrage if we made those signings though, they wouldn’t even be given a chance.
Unless they are top players on Fifa, our fans right them off straight away.
We buy a young foreign players most years, loan them back and they never even make it to Goodison.
Yeah we are rubbish at most things really.

Diaz was boss on Fifa though even as a kid...

...yet makes more sense than £15M for Maupay, also in the final year of his contract but three years older.

Maupay proven in the PL though mate, has shown he can score goals and by all accounts been a good player. Diaz is a big risk, so many Championship strikers can't hack it in the PL. He's also only had one good goal-scoring season so far, too big of a gamble at that price for me.

These rumoured signings:

Gueye/ Garner
Maupay
Diaz
Kudus

They don't set the team alight but the strengthen the squad and as we know from our training and injury record, it's a long season and the additional subs we need to have options to impact the game just as much as our opponents

I think with DCL coming back we will be far better but with him out these additions give Lampard the option of a 3-5-2 or 4-3-3.

With Gordon off and PSV out of the Champions League, I'd love us to go for Gakpo but I think Broja makes sense with Gordon off to Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back