Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all!! It’s Friday and nothing can go wrong. Great to see a galvanised team spirit amongst the GOT forum faithful! Keep it going and have a good one.

Everton are in advanced talks with Brighton over a deal for French forward Neal Maupay, 26. (Sky Sports)

Everton are closing in on signing Neal Maupay from Brighton, with the club in “advanced talks” over a deal, Dharmesh Sheth and Alan Myers report.

Tottenham Hotspur may have a trick up their sleeve in the pursuit of Everton winger Anthony Gordon, according to reputable journalist Pete O’Rourke

Paul Merson has suggested on SportsKeeda that Everton winger and reported Tottenham Hotspur target Anthony Gordon should not join Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea in the summer transfer window.

The former Arsenal star believes that Gordon would be tempted to leave Everton for Chelsea in the summer transfer window.

Merson wrote on SportsKeeda: “This transfer window is going to be a hard one for Anthony Gordon. He’s Everton’s superstar, in a sense, and he’s got his head turned. “I think he’ll leave for Chelsea tomorrow morning if he has the chance. But I don’t think he’d play for them anywhere near as often as he could for Everton - nothing about Chelsea ruining the transfer window……

Chelsea target Anthony Gordon has ‘agreed personal terms’ with the club ahead of a potential move, according to journalist Simon Phillips.

The Athletic have reported that Gordon has informed Everton boss Frank Lampard that he wishes to depart his boyhood club and sign for Chelsea ahead of September’s deadline.

In an interview with GiveMeSport, Phillips said: “Gordon himself has agreed personal terms with Chelsea, and he wants to move obviously; that’s quite common knowledge now.

“He’s not going to do anything to push it. I don’t think he’s going to go Wesley Fofana levels on it.”

Everton are reportedly closing in on the signing of Blackburn’s Ben Brereton Diaz.

90Min has claimed that the Toffees have put together a deal that would see them pay an initial £17.5m. The deal also contains add-ons which would take the overall fee to around £20m, added the report.

Everton have expressed interest in bringing in David Harrington as a young backup keeper but their efforts have fallen short.

The negotiation between Everton and Cork City has been cut short with Harrington lobbying to stay put for the season according to the Irish Examiner. Harrington, just 22-years old, was an academy graduate for his Irish club. His contract expires before the end of the year so a move is likely even if it is through a free transfer to another club.

Everton midfielder Dele Alli has joined Besiktas on a season-long loan, saying he "can't wait" to play in Turkey's top division

"For the first time, I will play football outside England," Alli said

"This is amazing stuff. I am very excited to start work as soon as possible. It will be a new challenge for me, I can't wait for it."

Besiktas have said they will not pay a loan fee to Everton but there is an option to buy included in the deal.

Cardiff City are targeting Everton defender Niels Nkounkou on loan.

The 21-year-old left back is poised to join the Champion ship club on a season-long loan. (BBC)

Everton's Jean-Philippe Gbamin has arrived in Turkey to complete a move to Trabzonspor.

Footage from fotomac shows the 26-year-old arriving at the airport in Istanbul, as he told the news outlet: "I feel great. It's a chance for me to play here. I'm grateful they gave me this chance. I'm very happy."

Serie A side Salernitana are 'in talks' with Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi, according to reports.

Sky in Italy claim they would like to buy the player, while the London club are hoping to loan him out.

Everton, along with Wolves and Leeds United, are among the clubs to be linked with the Belgium international this summer.
Thanks Bob. Better than trawling Newsnow for loads of repeats of the same information.

FWIW I think the current plan (unless Chelsea get to north of £60m & offer up a player we want) is to spread our risk and rely on depth in forward areas with 3 relatively modest buys in eg McNeil, Maupay, Brereton-Diaz replacing Richarlison, Alli with Gordon staying.

The risks are obvious but so is the upside in that if McNeil, Maupay, Ben Brereton Díaz for example all gave Gray-level output from a mix of starts & bench duty we’d be stronger.

FWIW I think the current plan (unless Chelsea get to north of £60m & offer up a player we want) is to spread our risk and rely on depth in forward areas with 3 relatively modest buys in eg McNeil, Maupay, Brereton-Diaz replacing Richarlison, Alli with Gordon staying.

The risks are obvious but so is the upside in that if McNeil, Maupay, Ben Brereton Díaz for example all gave Gray-level output from a mix of starts & bench duty we’d be stronger.

By Gray level output, do you mean going from Jan til the end of the season without scoring?

We won't be stronger by replacing Richarlison and Gordon with the likes of McNeil and Brereton Diaz, no matter what way it's shaped.

Has he ever played 4-4-2 at any of his clubs?
Never been at the School of Seance before though has he.

qkS_xp.gif

So how are we going to pay for a striker with the same amount of quality as Dom? prior to his injuries people were saying £50m+ for him... we'd have to pay that and we don't have that money.

We need numbers up front and hardly have any funds to do it, for £15m if he comes in and contributes to goals and the way the team plays it will be a very smart signing
Dembele, Lyon. We'd have to overpay a little, maybe £20m and a hefty wage, but If we've been looking at Maupay, Diaz and Che Adams at between £15m and £25m, Dembele would deliver far, far more at a similar price.

If we were to sell Gordon and have more money to play with:

Terrier, Rennes. They've said he's not for sale, but if we wave £35m or £40m at them, they might well blink. We'd then need a second player in to play up front / out wide, but that could be a younger prospect, someone like Moffi or Dieng who are both available at less than £10m.

OR:

Watkins, Villa. Maybe £30m, if he's really fallen out with Gerrard? Again we'd need to bring in a second player too, but the same options i listed alongside Terrier apply here. Maybe also Tsygankov from Kiev?

Any of the three listed in bold could immediately push DCL for the starting spot. Maupay and Che Adams don't, and never will

FL is always tight lipped in the press conferences and a lot of our deals have come out of the blue. I think this indicates a more professional way of conducting our business in the transfer window. To allow less chance of deals being hijacked or gazumped, as they have in the past. Brings me to thinking that anything we see in the press now or before the window closes can be taken with a massive pinch of salt. Until they're holding the shirt up, don't believe the fake news!

Why are you categorizing him as Dominic Calvert-Lewin's replacement and not squad depth - which is actually what he is?

Of course he's not going to be our main man IF Dominic Calvert-Lewin gets sold next summer.

The money we would receive from that sale would contribute towards the replacement.

He's just a backup that consistently scores 8-10 goals in the prem.
I'm not categorizing him as DCL's replacement. As you rightly observe, he's not good enough now and isn't young enough that there's scope he might become so.

I'm pointing out that spending £15m on a backup striker who will sit on the bench when your main striker is fit, and then still sit on the bench when we desperately look for a replacement main striker next season, is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back