Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what kind of Midfielder is james garner? could someone clue me in and if someone makes a hackneyed actor joke I'll chase you with a stick....I wont I'll just sigh loudly to myself but you get the gist

I was reading he is more of an 8 than a 6 which disappointed me. We still lack a disciplined, intelligent sitter. He is solid at set pieces though apparently

Need to add to Maupay very clearly. If we do get another couple in things may look more positive if the objective is mid-table mediocrity / obscurity.

There is the basis of a solid spine there. But we need the equivalent points of 14-15 wins over the season and that's a tall order if you don't score enough goals. 4 games gone by tomorrow evening which is already more than 10% of the total. Games fly by and the dye cast before you know it.

Maupay ok, a start, but only ok. Our season will still be defined by what further deals are done between now and Thursday. I'll be amazed if Chelsea table a bid of more than £50m for Gordon and it isn't accepted, whatever spin they choose to put on it.

If he stays, and that's fine by me too, then we need to max out on loans and see where we are. For all the hype surrounding Gordon, he needs to be delivering 8-10 goals of his own if he stays.

We need established players to slot in now not unknowns like Bereton Diaz and Garner.

Can you please name the so-called 8 better players than last season out of the first 11 ? Because I think you’ve just pulled that number out of thin air.

Kev old mate, we have established players, ones like Alan, Keane, Coleman, Rondon, Gomes, here's the thing they are all pretty crap NOW which is ehst matters.

The 8/11oositions better comment is silly.

But over last season we have lost precisely one player who contributed anything, Maupay replaces a lot of what he did is he as good, no is he massively worse again no

Are Tarkowski and Codey significantly better than Godfrey and Keane - yup.

Is Patterson now an upgrade on Coleman - again yup.

Is Iwobi now significantly better than Iwobi under fat c**t - yup. Is Onana a great prospect - yup.

Will Gordon be a much better player than Gordon who started last season - yup

We need established players to slot in now not unknowns like Bereton Diaz and Garner.

Can you please name the so-called 8 better players than last season out of the first 11 ? Because I think you’ve just pulled that number out of thin air.
Maupay and Gana are the established players, alongside the likes of Coady and Tarkowski who we’ve already brought in.

As for the better players Pickford, Myko, Iwobi, Gray and Gordon (for now) are the only players starting for us now that started the games ending last season. Obviously if we had players fully fit there’d be less new faces but fitness has been an issue. Our full strength team though (which knowing us will rarely get on the pitch), if the all reported incomings and outgoings go ahead would be:

Pickford,

Patterson, Mina/Godfrey, Coady, Tarkowski, Myko,

Onana, Gana/Iwobi

Gray, DCL, McNeil

Obviously the way you set up the team can lead to different players playing and all that which might even lend to more new faces being starters. All that being said though there’s potentially 6 players there that we didn’t have in our squad last year that are now making our strongest 11, with McNeil for Richarlison the only obvious downgrade.

That is all with everything being immaculate in terms of fitness and all that which it never will be. Quite easy to see Maupay playing more than Dom, maybe even Vinagre playing a lot instead of Myko too, who’s still new in himself. I certainly think there’s gonna be a lot of games this year where we look at it and the only remaining players from that shambles last season will probably be Pickford and Iwobi, maybe Holgate at times too.

Well I’m just going off of what reliable people are saying. I believe them when they say Kudus and Gana are “done” meaning that we have all our part handled and are just waiting on the clubs themselves to sign off on the deals. We might end up with both of them or neither of them but I do think that it’s the case that they’re signed off on coming here and we’ve done all that we have to.
I'm not doubting the sources that are saying it mate.

Just feel that we've drawn attention to a quality player and they'll want him to stay/sometime else will take him.

I know we've weed £500m up the wall in about 8 years, but kin West Ham and esp Newcastle signing players for £60m.. Newcastle alone over £200m in a calendar year, fuming here.

The heady days of Carlo, James, Digne and in-form Sigurdsson and DCL, away wins at Anfield feel like a lifetime ago.

George Michael
Idrissa Gana Gueye
- ElBobble
Neal Maupay - Simon Jones
Ben Brereton Díaz - Simon Jones
James Garner - The Athletic

Andrew Ridgeley

Pepsi & Shirlie
❌Gavin Bazunu -
Daniel McDonnell ** Cameron Carter-Vickers - Larry Henry Jr ** Keane Lewis-Potter - El Bobble ** Kim Min-Jae - Sabah Gazetesi
Steven Bergwijn - Simon Jones ** Ben Mee - MirrorAnderson ** Christian Eriksen - Simon Jones ** Brennan Johnson - Miguel Delaney ** Kalidou Koulibaly - Dylan Walsh ** Clement Lenglet - @Sport ** Cheick Doucoure - Charlie Parker-Turner ** Mohamed Bayo - footmercato ** Jamie Cumming - Simon Phillips ** Oleksandr Zinchenko - The Athletic ** Palhinha - RecordPT ** Owen Wijndal - @MikeVerweij ** Jack Clarke - Greame Bailey ** Luis Sinisterra - telegraaf ** Luka Jovic - Teamtalk ** Tyler Adams - Bild ** Jesse Lingard - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Valentin Castellanos - tuttomercatoweb ** Maxwell Cornet -Mike McGrath ** Georginio Wijnaldum - psvreport ** Levi Colwill - Ekrem Konur ** Mohamed Camara - Simon Jones - ** Hamza Choudhury - Tom Hopkinson ** Luca Pellegrini - Corriere dello ** Matheus Nunes - footmercato ** Emmanuel Dennis - @louorns ** Arnaud Kalimuendo - Graeme Bailey ** Tanguy Ndombele - Greame Bailey ** Morgan Gibbs-White - Pete O'Rourke **❌

⚽ Jack Harrison - Graeme Bailey ** Conor Gallagher - Dean Jones ** Armando Broja - Dean Jones ** Miguel Almiron - Roberto Rojas ** Eric Ramires - SportsWitness ** Chris Maxwell - LancsLive** Kristoffer Ajer - The Athletic ** Manor Solomon - tuttomercatoweb ** Adrien Truffert - RMC ** Billy Gilmour - Paul Brown ** Stephy Mavididi - FabrizioRomano ** Luka Milivojevic - sportimegreece ** Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Adrian Kajumba ** Adama Traore - Football Insider ** Juan Cuadrado - calciomercato ** Georginio Rutter - BenjWin ** Otávio - Eljogo Zaidu Sanusi - Record_Portugal ** Pape Abou Cissé - Ekrem Konur ** Andrey Santos - Le10Sport ** Tino Anjorin - Simon Phillips ** Lucas Moura - Matt Law ** Matt Doherty - Greame Bailey ** Joe Rodon - Alex Crook ** El Bilal Toure - Greame Bailey ** Harry Winks - Matt Law ** Andrea Belotti - Daily Mail ** Rodrigo Becão - Rich Jones ** Japhet Tanganga - @Glongari ** Kyle Walker-Peters - Maddocks ** Charles De Ketelaere - Gazzetta dello Sport ** Edin Dzeko - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Anass Salah Edinne - Mike Verweij ** Benjamin Bourigeaud - tuttomercatoweb ** Marcus Tavernier - Greame Bailey ** Jean-Clair Todibo -Nice_Matin ** Aster Vranckx - Loic Tanzi ** Layvin Kurzawa - mediafoot - Adnan Januzaj - AS.com ** Leander Dendoncker - FabrizioRomano ** Guido Rodríguez - CLMerlo ** Martin Terrier - ElBobble ** Lucas Paqueta - calciomercato ** Ross Barkley -siphillipssport ** Mitchy Batshuayi - NizaarKinsella ** Ludovic Ajorque - Ignazio Genuardi ** Sasa Kalajdzic - Simon Jones ** Viktor Gyökeres - EFLPodden ** Terem Moffi - ElBobble ** Che Adams - PaddyBoyland ** Goncalo Ramos - Graeme Bailey - Bamba Dieng - Graeme Bailey ** Moussa Dembélé - Dahbia Hattabi ** Viktor Tsyhankov - Zorya Londonsk - Antoine Semenyo - Daily Mail ** Serhou Guirassy - Emery Taisne ** Ben Brereton Díaz - Simon Jones ** Ismaïla Sarr - @louorns ** Elif Elmas - Gianluca Di Marzio ** Scott Mctominay - Graeme Bailey ** Maxi Gomez - Florian Plettenberg ** Ivan Toney - Tom Hopkinson ** Cody Gakpo - Simon Jones ** Raúl de Tomás - Pete O'Rourke ** Leandro Trossard - Pete O'Rourke ** Mohammed Kudus - Pete O'Rourke ** Joao Pedro - CraigHope_DM ** Anthony Elanga - Simon Jones ** David Harrington - EchoLive.ie ** Jaidon Anthony - Nizaar Kinsella ** ⚽

BBEa.gif

Simon Le Bon
James Tarkowski -
Matt Law ✍️
Ruben Vinagre - bancadadeleao ✍️
Dwight McNeil - Graeme Bailey ✍️
Amadou Onana - El Bobble ✍️
Conor Coady - Alan Myers

George Michael
Idrissa Gana Gueye
- ElBobble
Neal Maupay - Simon Jones
Ben Brereton Díaz - Simon Jones
James Garner - The Athletic

Andrew Ridgeley

Pepsi & Shirlie
❌Gavin Bazunu -
Daniel McDonnell ** Cameron Carter-Vickers - Larry Henry Jr ** Keane Lewis-Potter - El Bobble ** Kim Min-Jae - Sabah Gazetesi
Steven Bergwijn - Simon Jones ** Ben Mee - MirrorAnderson ** Christian Eriksen - Simon Jones ** Brennan Johnson - Miguel Delaney ** Kalidou Koulibaly - Dylan Walsh ** Clement Lenglet - @Sport ** Cheick Doucoure - Charlie Parker-Turner ** Mohamed Bayo - footmercato ** Jamie Cumming - Simon Phillips ** Oleksandr Zinchenko - The Athletic ** Palhinha - RecordPT ** Owen Wijndal - @MikeVerweij ** Jack Clarke - Greame Bailey ** Luis Sinisterra - telegraaf ** Luka Jovic - Teamtalk ** Tyler Adams - Bild ** Jesse Lingard - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Valentin Castellanos - tuttomercatoweb ** Maxwell Cornet -Mike McGrath ** Georginio Wijnaldum - psvreport ** Levi Colwill - Ekrem Konur ** Mohamed Camara - Simon Jones - ** Hamza Choudhury - Tom Hopkinson ** Luca Pellegrini - Corriere dello ** Matheus Nunes - footmercato ** Emmanuel Dennis - @louorns ** Arnaud Kalimuendo - Graeme Bailey ** Tanguy Ndombele - Greame Bailey ** Morgan Gibbs-White - Pete O'Rourke **❌

⚽ Jack Harrison - Graeme Bailey ** Conor Gallagher - Dean Jones ** Armando Broja - Dean Jones ** Miguel Almiron - Roberto Rojas ** Eric Ramires - SportsWitness ** Chris Maxwell - LancsLive** Kristoffer Ajer - The Athletic ** Manor Solomon - tuttomercatoweb ** Adrien Truffert - RMC ** Billy Gilmour - Paul Brown ** Stephy Mavididi - FabrizioRomano ** Luka Milivojevic - sportimegreece ** Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Adrian Kajumba ** Adama Traore - Football Insider ** Juan Cuadrado - calciomercato ** Georginio Rutter - BenjWin ** Otávio - Eljogo Zaidu Sanusi - Record_Portugal ** Pape Abou Cissé - Ekrem Konur ** Andrey Santos - Le10Sport ** Tino Anjorin - Simon Phillips ** Lucas Moura - Matt Law ** Matt Doherty - Greame Bailey ** Joe Rodon - Alex Crook ** El Bilal Toure - Greame Bailey ** Harry Winks - Matt Law ** Andrea Belotti - Daily Mail ** Rodrigo Becão - Rich Jones ** Japhet Tanganga - @Glongari ** Kyle Walker-Peters - Maddocks ** Charles De Ketelaere - Gazzetta dello Sport ** Edin Dzeko - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Anass Salah Edinne - Mike Verweij ** Benjamin Bourigeaud - tuttomercatoweb ** Marcus Tavernier - Greame Bailey ** Jean-Clair Todibo -Nice_Matin ** Aster Vranckx - Loic Tanzi ** Layvin Kurzawa - mediafoot - Adnan Januzaj - AS.com ** Leander Dendoncker - FabrizioRomano ** Guido Rodríguez - CLMerlo ** Martin Terrier - ElBobble ** Lucas Paqueta - calciomercato ** Ross Barkley -siphillipssport ** Mitchy Batshuayi - NizaarKinsella ** Ludovic Ajorque - Ignazio Genuardi ** Sasa Kalajdzic - Simon Jones ** Viktor Gyökeres - EFLPodden ** Terem Moffi - ElBobble ** Che Adams - PaddyBoyland ** Goncalo Ramos - Graeme Bailey - Bamba Dieng - Graeme Bailey ** Moussa Dembélé - Dahbia Hattabi ** Viktor Tsyhankov - Zorya Londonsk - Antoine Semenyo - Daily Mail ** Serhou Guirassy - Emery Taisne ** Ben Brereton Díaz - Simon Jones ** Ismaïla Sarr - @louorns ** Elif Elmas - Gianluca Di Marzio ** Scott Mctominay - Graeme Bailey ** Maxi Gomez - Florian Plettenberg ** Ivan Toney - Tom Hopkinson ** Cody Gakpo - Simon Jones ** Raúl de Tomás - Pete O'Rourke ** Leandro Trossard - Pete O'Rourke ** Mohammed Kudus - Pete O'Rourke ** Joao Pedro - CraigHope_DM ** Anthony Elanga - Simon Jones ** David Harrington - EchoLive.ie ** Jaidon Anthony - Nizaar Kinsella ** ⚽

BBEa.gif

Simon Le Bon
James Tarkowski -
Matt Law ✍️
Ruben Vinagre - bancadadeleao ✍️
Dwight McNeil - Graeme Bailey ✍️
Amadou Onana - El Bobble ✍️
Conor Coady - Alan Myers
You need paying for this Sir.

Maupay and Gana are the established players, alongside the likes of Coady and Tarkowski who we’ve already brought in.

As for the better players Pickford, Myko, Iwobi, Gray and Gordon (for now) are the only players starting for us now that started the games ending last season. Obviously if we had players fully fit there’d be less new faces but fitness has been an issue. Our full strength team though (which knowing us will rarely get on the pitch), if the all reported incomings and outgoings go ahead would be:

Pickford,

Patterson, Mina/Godfrey, Coady, Tarkowski, Myko,

Onana, Gana/Iwobi

Gray, Dominic Calvert-Lewin, McNeil

Obviously the way you set up the team can lead to different players playing and all that which might even lend to more new faces being starters. All that being said though there’s potentially 6 players there that we didn’t have in our squad last year that are now making our strongest 11, with McNeil for Richarlison the only obvious downgrade.

That is all with everything being immaculate in terms of fitness and all that which it never will be. Quite easy to see Maupay playing more than Dom, maybe even Vinagre playing a lot instead of Myko too, who’s still new in himself. I certainly think there’s gonna be a lot of games this year where we look at it and the only remaining players from that shambles last season will probably be Pickford and Iwobi, maybe Holgate at times too.

That front 3 has made my eyes bleed.

Kev old mate, we have established players, ones like Alan, Keane, Coleman, Rondon, Gomes, here's the thing they are all pretty crap NOW which is ehst matters.

The 8/11oositions better comment is silly.

But over last season we have lost precisely one player who contributed anything, Maupay replaces a lot of what he did is he as good, no is he massively worse again no

Are Tarkowski and Codey significantly better than Godfrey and Keane - yup.

Is Patterson now an upgrade on Coleman - again yup.

Is Iwobi now significantly better than Iwobi under fat c**t - yup. Is Onana a great prospect - yup.

Will Gordon be a much better player than Gordon who started last season - yup
I accept last seasons team was crap. What I don’t accept is that this seasons itineration is any better. The results so far suggests it isn’t.

As for Maupay does he even get in the team with DCL fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back