Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s pure fantasy manager stuff at the moment but put the 25m up for Joao Pedro and he gives you an option in both the 343 or the 352. And suddenly your squad has 4 extremely big u21 prospects in Onana, Broja, Pedro and Patterson.
Definitely think if Gordon goes we should be sacking off the idea of wide forwards myself just because Gray is the only half decent winger we’d have left and I don’t think he’s worth shaping a team around.

Even if we stuck at it though someone like Pedro is the ideal target to be fair. It’s just a shame really that Mina, Godfrey and Holgate are all injured because they’re our only defenders with a bit of pace, if they were fit and we these players we would be able to play 4 at the back and have an incredibly creative and strong side in the midfield and up top. Might just be a bit of a dream though.

Well James was part of that deal so that reality would never of happened. If he wasn't such a lazy sod we'd have Diaz now. I hate James.
That doesn't sound healthy, mate. It would be great if we could get him back on a reduced wage (less than half a million a week) and on a pay as you play basis.

Last edited:

Usually id agree with you but in this current climate where Gordon has a £60m price tag, pedro is going for £30m and Adams is rated at £25m.

At this stage of the window where getting targets will be difficult to get in and the more money we get the more expensive our targets become. Getting 2 of the most highly rated young players in the league in plus £25m is incredibly good business IMO.

If you could get Garner, gana, Gallagher, kudus and broja all in +£15m and loose Gordon i think we'd be a much stronger side all in all.
What are we paying all those players with ? We still need to reduce our wage bill.
Broja is overrated if he had come through our ranks he would have probably been sent on loan to a championship team.

Usually id agree with you but in this current climate where Gordon has a £60m price tag, pedro is going for £30m and Adams is rated at £25m.

At this stage of the window where getting targets will be difficult to get in and the more money we get the more expensive our targets become. Getting 2 of the most highly rated young players in the league in plus £25m is incredibly good business IMO.

If you could get Garner, gana, Gallagher, kudus and broja all in +£15m and loose Gordon i think we'd be a much stronger side all in all.
Here's the rub though mate, in our current position we have a big selling point to players in demand - you'll play a lot of games.

It's why we got Onana for example.

Gueye, Garner, Broja, Gallagher, Kudos if any of those move it's because they want to be starting every game near enough.at max you can have say 4 midfielders in a squad that plays 3 who have that mentality. We currently play a 2.

Broja isnt moving to be fighting it out as secibd choice, Garner and Gallagher will only go somewhere they'll be promised a starting spot is theirs to loose etc they aren't moving to be sat on a bench at Everton rather than Ajax, Chelsea etc

Well James was part of that deal so that reality would never of happened. If he wasn't such a lazy sod we'd have Diaz now. I hate James.
I think the reality is it was never happening. With or without James we’d have had to give Porto 35-40m cash for Diaz last summer and clearly we didn’t have that money: we spent nothing and still had to sell Richy to balance the books.

Weirdly enough given two factors I could see Chelsea liking a deal like that.

First is the background of the owners cone from sport that those deals are commonplace in trades.

Second is they have a commitment to spend 1billion over the next 5 seasons as a contractual condition of their purchase of the club - a player trade allowed was them to hugely inflate the traded players value to get around spending quite so much.

So say the give 25m they then put a monetary worth on Gallagher and Broja of 45m each - the deal then goes in the books as a 115m player investment on Gordon.

Dodgy but legal.

Not a chance in reality of it happening like but

Please don't give me hope like this ?

I find it hard to believe that they can't replace a sub, after they're going to be bringing in 100m for a player they didn't even use today.

If anything I'd say Antony's sale bolsters our chances of getting him.
Yeah they’re not going to get all that money and think “we’ll just go with Kudus then”, when they were willing to let him go a week ago. Antony has gone on all summer and they are a well run club so they’ll have their players lined up, probably Ziyech and more. It does make sense for them to hold onto him until it all gets done though in case something falls through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back