Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gallagher is a very good player but looked far better at Palace than he has at Chelsea. He will face similar problems in our system as he does under Tuchel.
If he leaves he would better returning to Palace than coming here.
Broja is not yet good enough to displace Calvert-Lewin and seemingly doesn’t play wide so would just be exchanging Chelsea’s bench for ours and I would prefer someone who can play alongside as well as cover for Calvert-Lewin
Gordon is worth more to us than both those players combined.

Broja can play inside forward...alongside DCL or as rotation and has the age and potential on his side to push him for a spot.

Gallagher was amazing last season. England international and could do very well in a 352...perhaps similar to Lampard as a young player.

Add £25mil on top and its more than Lukaku money at circa £90mil.

Pretty sure I'm older than you. Also not impatient, I'm just going off the latest PSG reports: PSG stance and the fact despite being available to leave weeks and weeks ago they still won't let him cancel his contract.

@Tree13 Is an Ent. I dont think any of the other posters on here are older than an Ent.

Try reading his posts in a James Earl Jones voice...

On realistic 'budget' targets, best 'realistic' chances are Kudos on a loan and Garner for 12-14m.

Both can contribute now and have great upside longer term.

Short term stopgap would obviously be Gueye - although not if it costs us any fee.

Wouldn't object to a season loan from the guy whose always playing as a sub at Rennes as he effectively can fill a similar stop gap position for a season here too.

Try hit up Chelsea for a decent loan 'if' they are still willing to deal if they don't get Gordon.

Then it's about trying to shift on Gomes, Allan and a few others (Keane I'd sell still if a semi decent offer came in)

No doubt Everton will be the only side in the league actually having nobody working tomorrow, ignoring the fact we have four days left to make the signings that will at least give us a fighting chance of avoiding relegation.

We need to find any solution that allows us to get rid of Keane and bring in a CB who can play in a three. Maybe that young lad from Spurs who was linked earlier in the window.

Godfrey is out for a long time and Mina is unreliable at best.

That and clearing out the midfield of deadweight and signing Garner would be my top priorities. I like Gueye, but not if we have to pay a fee.

If theres any truth in the massive Gordon deal then throw in Chalobah with Broja and a Gallagher and we have a new spine.

Haven't you heard mate? Neal Maupay's here to save us, he's apparently going to magically score twice as many as his previous best season.
Both vastly overpriced.

Bed.
Yes that’s the issue they’ve been out priced from any moves and now Newcastle have the money you probably wouldn’t get him might of under Ashley.

No doubt Everton will be the only side in the league actually having nobody working tomorrow, ignoring the fact we have four days left to make the signings that will at least give us a fighting chance of avoiding relegation.
They will work tomorrow behind the scenes as we are linked to a few players ..... plus preparation for our away game .....

Option A - Gueye (free), Kudus (Loan with option,), Broja (Straight Loan).

Option B - Garner (£14m), Brereton Diaz (£15m)

Cast your votes please.

So does this mean a swap deal would still be reflected in the accounts as a profit/loss depending on the respective values of the players?
yes. it would reflect well in P&L sustainability.

Look it won't happen but theoretically you would have to put a value on Gallager say £30m and one on Broja say £25m unless it was a permanent deal for one and loan for the other.

Crazy deal mooted either way

yes. it would reflect well in P&L sustainability.

Look it won't happen but theoretically you would have to put a value on Gallager say £30m and one on Broja say £25m unless it was a permanent deal for one and loan for the other.

Crazy deal mooted either way
Chelsea would (should) never do this, because those players are their ticket out of future UEFA handcuffs.

They can loan them to us. They cannot sell them right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back