Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gana had the best tackling stats in the league behind Kante. While I get he may not have “stood out” in a flashy sense he absolutely stole the show in a pretty rancid team.

Tarkowski headed away lots of crosses, but I doubt he’d be tasked with that in our team. Same with blocking shots. I’d want us to be looking at quick CBs, good passers, great positional sense. This is just a grock. I suppose we could argue we may concede slightly fewer at set pieces but that would be more than offset by goals conceded in behind to quick strikers while Tarkowski ran through treacle trying to catch them.
We need an organiser and a leader at the back. Tarkowski gives us that, put him alongside a fast CD who’s comfortable on the ball and we’re sorted.

Looking around the Premier League clubs it is clear there are some good surplus players to be had, if we wanted a left footed CB why not try City`s resolve with Ake to go alongside Godfrey.

That's surely completely anecdotal? I'd say most of the top PL centre halves of recent years peaked earlier than that. There was an article in The Athletic earlier this year saying the peak age for centre halves was 27.
Of course it’s anecdotal. Much as your own assertion is.

I'm impressed at the ability to talk yourselves into average at best players. I hope we get linked with Pukki or something just to see how that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.