Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no buyers for Keane or mina

this, some of you have stuffing filling your head if you think we're easily moving one or both of these; best case is we send one on loan for the year with option to buy (after paying most of the wages this season). we'll soon be bloated in CBs if we add Tarkowski (bloated on the roster but still wondering if we have 2 worth putting on the team sheet. More likely is we move 1 of the kids, either out on loan to cover wages or a permanent transfer, than moving Keane or Mina if Tarkowski (or anyone like him) comes in.

*I see Mina has 1 year left and the rest are until '25 or later, so Mina could go out on loan somewhere but nobody is buying him.

If 3-4-3 is the case then players likes of Allan, Alli, Doucoure, Gbamin and Davies will all be surplus to requirements, none capable of playing in a 2. Iwobi will be permanent RWB, to me that is a massive waste.

The team that plays 2 in CM well is Spurs with Hojberg and Bentancur, both big, physical, mobile and they can play a bit. We have no one like that nor are we likely to be able to afford players like that.
I think there maybe a place in the squad for doucoure, not in the first 11 though as his passing is shocking, but is capable of getting around the pitch. The rest you mentioned are probably surplus to requirements though.

We seriously lack a player like hojbjerg. A naturally defensive minded midfielder, we never properly replaced gueye for that. We have recently looked a more solid team when Delph plays, problem is he can’t put more than 2 games in a row together.

I would like us to
Id definitely go for Tarkowski on a free its a no brainer.
I wouldn't mind collins aswell from what I've seen of him seems a good young centre back.
I worry a bit about buying ‘backs to the wall’ type defenders, they often look heroic but are of limited general ability.

We can’t hold a high line and our midfield looks so exposed without the ball. We tend not to pass it either which means the midfield gets starved of possession.

The better teams have defenders that push up and this closes the space the midfield has to cover, they pass it when appropriate too so their midfield can get a foothold.

The problems of our midfield are because we have very basic defenders who haven’t much football in them.

I think it is THE priority to address this.

City conceded the least amount of goals from set pieces, only 1 I think, you don’t need grocks to defend set pieces, you need conviction and good timing, they get that from confidence.

Koff with signing relegated premier league players, never learn this club
So if he was a free coming off their 8th place finish instead of this year, then it’s ok? Look at who else they had in their side man…There are maybe four prem level players there and he’s one of them. Not saying he’s a world beater but on a free he makes a lot of sense given we’ve no money.

this, some of you have stuffing filling your head if you think we're easily moving one or both of these; best case is we send one on loan for the year with option to buy (after paying most of the wages this season). we'll soon be bloated in CBs if we add Tarkowski (bloated on the roster but still wondering if we have 2 worth putting on the team sheet. More likely is we move 1 of the kids, either out on loan to cover wages or a permanent transfer, than moving Keane or Mina if Tarkowski (or anyone like him) comes in.

*I see Mina has 1 year left and the rest are until '25 or later, so Mina could go out on loan somewhere but nobody is buying him.
I’d be amazed if there wasn’t significant interest in Keane if we were selling him at a decent price. I’ve slated him ever since we signed him but he’s a competent, experienced PL centre half. If you’re happy with mid table and lower he’s fine, especially if you want to sit back. I’d love us to get rid because I want us to do more than that but plenty of teams would take that position.

We've got pretty much no money, right? How do loan fees work? Are they counted in to the FFP stuff? If not, let's go Everloan but on 6 cases of Bang Energy and just loan in a crap-ton of players.
Wrong we have money but can’t spend it, I’d we could I’m sure Moshiri would fund a spending spree. Our problem is we have to spend within the rules, players leaving after there contracts helps, but we may have to sell a couple of better players to fund new ones, bare in mind most transfers aren’t paid for out right they are on the drip.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful to see a centre mid who can get it in and out of his feet with two touches, a bit of vision, someone who can dictate the play and tempo of the game.
Every centre midfielder we have aren’t good enough and are all so defensive minded it infuriates me, absolutely inept at going forward.

Palace are not a bigger club than Everton, they may have performed better than us but it’s a fresh start now, also the draw of playing for Lampard may well help. I’d be very surprised if Gallagher plays for Palace again.
I don't disagree. But as a player with one career that exists now and not in 1982 picking Palace over Everton is pretty sensible. If we're signing him permanently and giving him more money that equation changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.