Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree players aren`t good enough, Alli looked superb against Palace in a 4-3-3 and lost in the 5-2-3. We could play a 5-3-2 but then you are making Gray, Gordon and Townsend redundant with Richy going up top with DCL.....

I`m of the opinion that to control a game you control the midfield and we want to give that up and play wide or along the back 3 when most teams play with narrow formations.

The 5-2-3 is a very very limited formation and will never work at Everton, Lampard will be sacked if he persists along this route, vault me....
3-5-2 is optimal for control of the football. So much scope to play wide, narrow, defensively, attacking.

Admittingly, we do not have the players for it at the moment. Bring in a. Couple of CMs with technical ability and we could easily play it with Patterson and Myko wingbacks.

All about the personal at your disposal. Unfortunately we have players from about 5 managers in one squad.

We have the same amount of wins as palace this season

I don’t recall palace being on the bad end of about 500 VAR decisions or having to play with 10 men for half the season either
And I don't recall Palace having to claw their way to safety.

They had an objectively better season and have already made a commitment to building up a young squad. We've got a ways to go.

Yes, but would complain if we were linked with signing any of the three?
Personally, I was set against Pickford. Didn't rate him at the time and think he's been very erratic for the majority of his stay here. And if I was a Spurs fan being linked with him, I'd have major concerns. I think the same reception with Arsenal fans (even Newcastle fans lol) about the potential of signing DCL. Richie would be the only one that i think many teams fans would be happy with.

My issues with the potential singing of James Tarkowski is his age, the wage to follow-up and his complete lack of playing any other type of football other than defending on the edge of the box. If we had established CB pairing and he was come in as a 3rd/4th choice then it'd be a different story (but still not at the proposed wages being reported)

Capture.jpg

Formations Lampard used at Chelsea.

Hes only used 3 at the back to grind out results and he will try his best to purchase players to make 1 of the top 3 work, IMO.

I guess with Tarkowski you are getting a mid-table defender at a good age. Would have been good to have him at many points of our season but no need to break the bank. We may defend corners with him in the team ?

3-5-2 is optimal for control of the football. So much scope to play wide, narrow, defensively, attacking.

Admittingly, we do not have the players for it at the moment. Bring in a. Couple of CMs with technical ability and we could easily play it with Patterson and Myko wingbacks.

All about the personal at your disposal. Unfortunately we have players from about 5 managers in one squad.
This is true. You also need defenders comfortable on the ball, we don't have one playing centrally. By my reckoning we need to shift 2 from Holgate,Keane,Mina and replace them with 2 others and hope a youngster develops. Ball playing midfielders. Billy Gilmour just makes so much sense and perhaps Gallagher,Loftus-Cheek, I've said those because of the Lampard connection.

I guess with Tarkowski you are getting a mid-table defender at a good age. Would have been good to have him at many points of our season but no need to break the bank. We may defend corners with him in the team ?

Think it’s not a risk if we do it right.

3 year deal, “low” wages. So we’re not stuck with another Tosun/Bolasie (maybe have an option of a team option).

This is true. You also need defenders comfortable on the ball, we don't have one playing centrally. By my reckoning we need to shift 2 from Holgate,Keane,Mina and replace them with 2 others and hope a youngster develops. Ball playing midfielders. Billy Gilmour just makes so much sense and perhaps Gallagher,Loftus-Cheek, I've said those because of the Lampard connection.
We really need to stay away from Ruben loftus sicknote.

Not a single player thats ever been injured is my only wish this summer.

Personally, I was set against Pickford. Didn't rate him at the time and think he's been very erratic for the majority of his stay here. And if I was a Spurs fan being linked with him, I'd have major concerns. I think the same reception with Arsenal fans (even Newcastle fans lol) about the potential of signing DCL. Richie would be the only one that i think many teams fans would be happy with.

My issues with the potential singing of James Tarkowski is his age, the wage to follow-up and his complete lack of playing any other type of football other than defending on the edge of the box. If we had established CB pairing and he was come in as a 3rd/4th choice then it'd be a different story (but still not at the proposed wages being reported)
I think you’re in a small minority who feels that way about Pickford. And if Spurs fans are hesitant given that he’s been good to excellent for a year and a half while they’ve had Lloris quite regularly stinking the gaff out, then more fool them. Hopefully they stay well away.

As for Tarkowski, would you have an issue with him coming in for £6m and earning £50k p/w? Because it’s exactly the same. He’d be our best (reliably available) centre back by some distance.

He’s definitely not an exciting signing, but he’d be a smart one imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.