Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
By all means, consider him a meff if you wish, but can you not see the danger in your deducement that refusing to wear someone else's clothes makes them an abhorrent person? A person so abhorrent that they should be precluded from employment despite being otherwise qualified! That's how this discussion started; should Gueye be precluded from re-joining Everton because he declined to wear somebody else's clothes? The push-back from maintaining any stance other than one that has Gueye blackmarked for evermore says it all.

If Gueye was an advocate of hateful rhetoric, then fair enough, you can label him abhorrent and have him blackmarked for evermore. But he hasn't done that. He's simply declined to wear somebody else's clothes, something that nobody should be bullied into doing. It's one thing to mandate against discrimination, and quite another to force people into wearing other people's clothes. The irony of course, is that punishing Gueye for declining to wear someone else's clothes is far more discriminatory than anything Gueye has done.
Someone else's clothes? Is that really your argument?

What if we sign a player today, change the away kit colour back to yellow and discover that yellow offends him so he will only play at home? Is that ok? I mean, if PSG don't mind a player dropping out of games because he doesn't want to wear their clothes, I guess it's ok, right?

You are the one claiming he is a midfielder and not a left back. Despite the overwhelming majority of his games for all his clubs being at left back.

And it is relevant when you are stating we would have him as a starting midfielder despite that clearly not being his position.

But he is a midfielder, I thought this was a pretty well known and accepted !?!

It is a bit to be fair. It's obviously difficult to know how well he could do in midfield for us because he hasn't actually played there very much. I think he'd be a good signing personally but it's definitely a fair point that it would be a bit of a risk.

Yes, I take the point.

Feels like a low risk in terms of fee, age and experince to me, but yes I suppose the lack of midfield games could increase the risk.

I see it similar to Neville, when we got him. He instantly become our best centre mid.

Delph as a player is perfect for it as he performances showed, but they’d need to be fit every week!

If we sign someone who plays as well as he was playing, I think we’d all be delighted. No idea who though..
Using the logic in this thread, Delph isn't unfit. He just declines to wear our clothes regularly. And that's ok, unless we'd prefer to bully him.

I would love it if we signed Zinchenko but it will never happen.

Pep uses him a lot, in different positions, and Zinchenko has never let the team down.
It isn't as if City need the money and I feel he is a player that is more than useful to keep in their squad.
I think we also have to consider the wisdom of signing a LB who probably can't play LB in a team with under 60% possession with the intention of making him a midfielder even though he's only played there a handful of times at this level.

Three years ago I'd have been all the way behind this but now I don't love it. He's really just a LB.

Phil Neville is a good example because he became a regular for you but had he stayed a squad player at United he'd have carried on winning trophies. I have no Idea whether he regrets signing for Everton or not but he won no silverware whilst there.

In this day and age though players put ambition(and more money) before club loyalty and Grealish is a perfect example of that.
I don't think Zinchenko will leave City but he already has a pocket full of medals. Will another medal as a squad player meant that much to him?

I think the thought of a CL medal would be the biggest reason for him to stay.

I would love it if we signed Zinchenko but it will never happen.

Pep uses him a lot, in different positions, and Zinchenko has never let the team down.
It isn't as if City need the money and I feel he is a player that is more than useful to keep in their squad.
All depends on the player i get him turning wolves down at 23 as maybe thought could break into the team more. Is 25 now has won things but may feel its time to move as he wants to be a main player and start each week

Someone else's clothes? Is that really your argument?

What if we sign a player today, change the away kit colour back to yellow and discover that yellow offends him so he will only play at home? Is that ok? I mean, if PSG don't mind a player dropping out of games because he doesn't want to wear their clothes, I guess it's ok, right?

It's PSG that are on rocky ground here, not Gueye. As if you can just turn up to someone's place of employment and start demanding that they wear partisan clothing, clothing that has no respect for his ethnicity and could place him at risk in his home country. In fact, just being put in this position has ostensibly hindered Gueye's future employment prospects, whether it be in football or media. It's an absolutely unreasonable demand that impinges on Gueye's rights. If anyone has been wronged here, it is Idrissa Gana Gueye.

It's PSG that are on rocky ground here, not Gueye. As if you can just turn up to someone's place of employment and start demanding that they wear partisan clothing, clothing that has no respect for his ethnicity and could place him at risk in his home country. In fact, just being put in this position has ostensibly hindered Gueye's future employment prospects, whether it be in football or media. It's an absolutely unreasonable demand that impinges on Gueye's rights. If anyone has been wronged here, it is Idrissa Gana Gueye.
Mate. You’ve already completely ignored me twice when I mentioned similar religious transgressions that he was happy to overlook for years on end, yet you continue to insist that it’s a religious issue and Gueye’s rights have been violated (despite the fact he was allowed to miss a competitive match without any discernible sanctions).

Also, we still shouldn’t sign him.

I don't think Zinchenko will leave City but he already has a pocket full of medals. Will another medal as a squad player meant that much to him?

I think the thought of a CL medal would be the biggest reason for him to stay.
The chance of any player winning a CL medal is appealing and Zinchenko has a chance to win one, whether he does or not is another matter. I'd be upset to see him leave but if he wants to leave then i would rather he joined Everton but he will have a choice of several clubs to choose from. It would be interesting to see him play as a left sided midfielder though.

The chance of any player winning a CL medal is appealing and Zinchenko has a chance to win one, whether he does or not is another matter. I'd be upset to see him leave but if he wants to leave then i would rather he joined Everton but he will have a choice of several clubs to choose from. It would be interesting to see him play as a left sided midfielder though.
Do you think he could play as a mid two or you think better suited to a mid 3 . I havent seen alot of him looks comfortable on the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back