Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Gueye was even half as good on the ball as you’re making out we wouldn’t have been as awful as we were in some of the teams he played in. That midfield of Gueye Schneiderlin and Siggurdson was one of the most ineffective we’ve had. Now Gueye was great off the ball but all he did was try and find sideways passes when he had it, and his first touch was pretty poor. He’d have been the best midfielder in the league by a distance if what you’re saying is true.
No mate, I'm not rating him that highly. I'm rating the rest much lower.

Gueye - strength was hectoring the opposition in the middle of the park and getting the ball back. He's not the engine room that dots the ball around the pitch....

Expecting Frank to give Davies a look now - healthy again with a full pre-season ahead of him. Think he likes having scousers in the team.

Gomes, Doucoure and Allan can all be jibbed off.

If Gueye was even half as good on the ball as you’re making out we wouldn’t have been as awful as we were in some of the teams he played in. That midfield of Gueye Schneiderlin and Siggurdson was one of the most ineffective we’ve had. Now Gueye was great off the ball but all he did was try and find sideways passes when he had it, and his first touch was pretty poor. He’d have been the best midfielder in the league by a distance if what you’re saying is true.
Well the lowest Gueye ever finished with us was 8th, which we'd absolutely bite your hand off for now. No he wasn't as talented a ball carrier as say Barkley was, couldn't find pockets of space like Osman could and he wasn't the most adventurous passer but he was an elite ball-winner and very good at retaining possession, I'd absolutely kill to get a player like that in this window.

I hoped Allan would prove to be a good replacement for Gueye but I think he's been massively disappointing.

Never appreciated in his time either

When he was healthy he was a real asset

Didn’t do tekkers or score blammos though, so must have been tosh aye?
Thing is Mikey, is even he wasn't, he was and often , sane as Mina won't be remembered fondly as an injury prone player who leaves a massive poo problem when he's out never will be if it's a every other game occurrence

Well the lowest Gueye ever finished with us was 8th, which we'd absolutely bite your hand off for now. No he wasn't as talented a ball carrier as say Barkley was, couldn't find pockets of space like Osman could and he wasn't the most adventurous passer but he was an elite ball-winner and very good at retaining possession, I'd absolutely kill to get a player like that in this window.

I hoped Allan would prove to be a good replacement for Gueye but I think he's been massively disappointing.

I miss Gana so so much.

Agree mate that neither would take a pay cut, that's why I see loans bring the likely option for a both of them.

Zinchenko I don't see as lightweight, he's small but very good defensively and can play anywhere from dm/cm/am and really would transform our ability in possession. As an outright 'stopper" dm then yes he's not that type at all much better as a very good creative player whose also a very solid defensive player. Gallacher for me, it's not the goals etc that make me want him it's the off the ball stuff, where he covers an insane amount of ground and for a supposed attacking midfielder his defensive stats are stupendously good. A pairing of him and Zinchenko would cover a huge amount of our problems

If we were to get Gallagher I would prefer a 433. A proper solid DM with Gallagher and Iwobi more advanced would give us real energy. Would need to invest in a creative wide forward though to give us some balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back