Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the best CM we have at the club currently mate.

We have a tendency as fans to always slate our better players

Lukaku wasnt a great striker because he didnt always score in the big games

Stones was over rated because he didnt want to just hoof the ball up the field

Gana was poor because he wasn't a great passer of the ball

Doucoure is the worst CM of all time because he cant pass the ball like Xavi.

They'll miss him when he's gone.
Not even about passing the ball like xavi. It's just about passing the ball 5 yards. Which he often seems to struggle with.

He is the best midfielder we have, but it's a seriously low bar. We do miss his legs when he doesn't play though and he is currently very important to us.

Remember his first competitive touch in an Everton shirt when he slid Diego Costa through to make it 3-6?
I remember watching the match in a bar in Ibiza and a load of stoke fans proper giving it the big’un (for some bizarre reason). The actual events of the match are a comedown blur though.

We will have to agree to disagree , but imagine doucoure as a 10 that’s like playing richarlison in goal. There’s a reason we finish bottom half and this season it was worse, because we have poor players and doucoure is one of them. Wouldn’t lose any sleep if he was sold tomorrow
We would be needing to replace him though when we have several other positions he is fine as a rotation option, not every midfielder is an amazing all rounder in the EPL a lot of them are mostly physical presence and mobility that's mostly his role, of course we need better but he isn't the worst offender is he? Also as I say you need physical presence in there if you had three Billy Gilmour's in this league you would get dominated week in week out. If anything Iwobi and Doucs were the ones grafting and working in the run in compared to every other central midfielder we have I would get shot of the rest of them before I got to him he can still be useful to an extent and had been covering for others a lot. I repeat what we need is balance in midfield with a proper DM and a player who can create, with the current collection of midfielders you couldn't make a good three out of them.

Last edited:

We would be needing to replace him though when we have several other positions he is fine as a rotation option, not every midfielder is an amazing all rounder in the EPL a lot of them are mostly physical presence and mobility that's mostly his role, of course we need better but he isn't the worst offender is he? Also as I say you need physical presence in there if you had three Billy Gilmour's in this league you would get dominated week in week out. If anything Iwobi and Doucs were the ones grafting and working in the run in compared to every other central midfielder we have I would get shot of the rest of them before I got to him he can still be useful to an extent and had been covering for others a lot. I repeat what we need is balance in midfield with a proper DM and a player who can create, with the current collection of midfielders you couldn't make a good three out of them.
Doucoure got dropped by frank. Iwobi, delph and Allan were the 3 man midfield v utd & Leicester it was only injuries that got him back in

People going after big Doucs before they look at Gomes, Davies, Allan, Gbamin who either aren't good enough or have not contributed much. I think in Allan's case its his legs and the league don't suit him. Is weird to me.
Nobody is making out gbamin, Davies and Gomes are great midfielders that need to be in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back