Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

We would be needing to replace him though when we have several other positions he is fine as a rotation option, not every midfielder is an amazing all rounder in the EPL a lot of them are mostly physical presence and mobility that's mostly his role, of course we need better but he isn't the worst offender is he? Also as I say you need physical presence in there if you had three Billy Gilmour's in this league you would get dominated week in week out. If anything Iwobi and Doucs were the ones grafting and working in the run in compared to every other central midfielder we have I would get shot of the rest of them before I got to him he can still be useful to an extent and had been covering for others a lot. I repeat what we need is balance in midfield with a proper DM and a player who can create, with the current collection of midfielders you couldn't make a good three out of them.

I think generally this is correct.

However, weve seen that Iniesta + Xavi together (with Busquets behind) dominated the midfield for a decade across Europe.

Gilmour 5'7
Gavi 5'8
Pedri 5'9

Lets say those 3 highly technical players were playing in a midfield 3 together without a 'big' DM.

Weve seen our midfield cut open like a knife through butter for years now...would they actually make us worse defensively in midfield? Im not sure they would.

If the opposition lost the ball, how would they get it back?

In reality you'd probably need to use a diamond still with those 3 adding a DM. But I dont see how much worse our midfield could be defensively...its already dire.

People going after big Doucs before they look at Gomes, Davies, Allan, Gbamin who either aren't good enough or have not contributed much. I think in Allan's case its his legs and the league don't suit him. Is weird to me.

Iwobi has played 97 games for us.

Over three seasons hes scored 2 + 2 + 3 goals.

Yet some on here now suddenly love him cos he runs around alot (as Doucoure does) but does nothing else.

Good attitude to have but theres such a limited product -- he scored against Newcastle and runs around :(

At least at CB we have servicable players like Godfrey, Holgate, Branthwaite who all need a leader/organiser (Tarkowski).

The midfield cant get much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back