Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about it, the more this squad annoys me. The way I see it, we have several "groups" of players that we could justifiably want to jettison:

Great when fit, but never fit:

Yerry Mina
Fabien Delph

Not good enough to justify wage:

Michael Keane
Andre Gomes
Salomon Rondon

Squad fillers who arrived for cheap, big profit if sold:

Holgate
Davies
Townsend
Gray

Old enough that another contract would be a mistake:

Allan
Coleman

Would generate big fee if sold but I want them to stay:

Richarlison
Pickford
DCL

Personally I would shift Mina, Keane, Holgate, Allan, Davies and Gomes. Keane and Gomes would be the difficult ones to sell, but they absolutely HAVE to go.

That would leave Godfrey & Branthwaite at CB, with Tarkowski likely to join them. I'd look to add another CB.

In CM I would have Doucoure, Iwobi and Gbamin... Not great, but MAYBE Gbamin has turned a corner in fitness terms? Add a strong, calm DM and a young, mobile CM. Build from that.

I know we have weaknesses elsewhere too, but if we don't fix the spine of the team we will be in another relegation dogfight in the blink of an eye.

The more I think about it, the more this squad annoys me. The way I see it, we have several "groups" of players that we could justifiably want to jettison:

Yerry Mina
Fabien Delph

Michael Keane
Andre Gomes
Salomon Rondon

Holgate
Davies
Townsend
Gray

Allan
Coleman

Richarlison
Pickford
DCL

Personally I would shift Mina, Keane, Holgate, Allan, Davies and Gomes. Keane and Gomes would be the difficult ones to sell, but they absolutely HAVE to go.

That would leave Godfrey & Branthwaite at CB, with Tarkowski likely to join them. I'd look to add another CB.

In CM I would have Doucoure, Iwobi and Gbamin... Not great, but MAYBE Gbamin has turned a corner in fitness terms? Add a strong, calm DM and a young, mobile CM. Build from that.

I know we have weaknesses elsewhere too, but if we don't fix the spine of the team we will be in another relegation dogfight in the blink of an eye.
Here's the the thing with us all wanting to get rid of so many players, it requires other teams to want them and the players to agree to the move. Most of these guys are on higher wages than they'll get anywhere else. Also, since they're crap players (which is why we want rid), why would anyone else pay decent money for them? Alot of these guys we'll be stuck with until their contracts run out

Yerry Mina
Fabien Delph

Michael Keane
Andre Gomes
Salomon Rondon

Holgate
Davies
Townsend
Gray

Allan
Coleman

Richarlison
Pickford
DCL

Branthwaite is not ready. This season proved that. He is going out on loan for the season I’m sure. As a result, I’m pretty sure Keane will still be here next season, also pretty sure Holgate will remain. Mina may move on, but clubs would be cautious about taking him on.

Pretty sure Gbamin will never play for us again. There is a possibility that Allan could move, but he has stated he is staying already.

Having said all that, we definitely need CM and CB reinforcements.

Let’s be real about this, i think we all agree on the areas to improve in this team.

However, we simply aren’t going to be able to address all areas in this window. For that reason we need to prioritise adding defensive solidity and reliability by getting at least one CB who can play every week and set the line. Additionally, we need a good DM who can play regularly and shield the back line as we will still have to play inexperienced players or players who have mistakes in them

Let’s be real about this, i think we all agree on the areas to improve in this team.

However, we simply aren’t going to be able to address all areas in this window. For that reason we need to prioritise adding defensive solidity and reliability by getting at least one CB who can play every week and set the line. Additionally, we need a good DM who can play regularly and shield the back line as we will still have to play inexperienced players or players who have mistakes in them
Got to get a striker in also (imo)

Here's the the thing with us all wanting to get rid of so many players, it requires other teams to want them and the players to agree to the move. Most of these guys are on higher wages than they'll get anywhere else. Also, since they're crap players (which is why we want rid), why would anyone else pay decent money for them? Alot of these guys we'll be stuck with until their contracts run out.
This is what will happen.

Yeah I agree to be fair. I said it earlier in this thread but belotti is on a free this summer and would be a good option for me as he would be sellable back to Italian clubs if he didn’t adapt well over here.

Thing is mate to get Bellotti in on a free you'd have to offer him massive wages, which means if he was a bust, we won't be able to ship him on.

Just look at Mina, Jamo, Allan, for evidence of that, two we are stuck with and one we couldn't manage to ship him off to any semi serious league due to the wages.

Bellotti is also a completely different type of cf to DCL, meaning players you bring in to suit one are likely not to suit the other.

We need a focused recruitment now to a style and to a purpose and to finally avoid just signing players because oh they look good for x,y,z without thinking about where they'd actually fit into the team structure.

As you said earlier about cb needs - we seem to have done that - identified what we need,what we lack and how to address that as part of a plan with current players integration in consideration. It's why Tarkowski is a signing that makes complete practical sense and gives hope we are finally doing it in the right manner.

Next up is cm, where we need two distinct types of players (3 really but unlikely I guess)

Not usually a position where its easy to pick out say 6 players and be confident that each would offer quality.

Even with £50mil to spend on one player, the DM role isnt an easy one to pick for.

To be fair I'd take four of them...

Bremer, Gvardiol, Wirtz and Gouiri
Billy Bremner's dead isn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back