Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gareth bale started his spurs career without a win in 24 games

Now he has 5 champions league winners medals

….I heard a first hand a/c of a meeting Moyes had with his scouts some years ago. Moyes asked who was the best academy talent in the country & he was told about a lad at Soton called Gareth Bale but he’d cost £1m. Moyes baulked at the cost.

….I heard a first hand a/c of a meeting Moyes had with his scouts some years ago. Moyes asked who was the best academy talent in the country & he was told about a lad at Soton called Gareth Bale but he’d cost £1m. Moyes baulked at the cost.

Do remember the interview Moyes did at Utd, when they were in for him before his Real move - he was full sure he had him for i cant remember was it 90 million or something.

I love that we're the first club mentioned in that list.

He must, surely, have a destination lined up if he's decided to leave. I'd be very surprised if it's to us.
He’d be our best creative attacking playmaker by an absolute mile…he’d be our only creative attacking playmaker tbf but that’s splitting hairs. No chance we’re getting him sadly.

At a time when we sometimes struggled to find £1m to buy a ready made first teamer it doesn't really surprise me to find that spending it on a 15 year old wasn't on the agenda.

Going to be a crap summer, unless we sell we have no room to manoeuvre, and if we do sell, it’s going to be Richarlison and I don’t trust the club to replace him adequately.

I think Richy is a dead cert to leave, and no we won't replace him like for like. You can't. He's a special player.

However, we can strengthen the rest of the positions with his sale, which is arguably better for us long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back