Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thelwell has a reputation of focusing on youth. Add that to Lampard hopefully doing the same as opposed to the current strategy and we could do very well.

Interesting to see what happens with Nkounkou.

I happen to think we need 2 high potential players in each position compared to the mess at the moment.

Id be quite happy if we spent another £30mil (raised from sales) on another 2 full backs to compete with Patterson and Mykolenko.

In defence i'd keep Mykolenko, Branthwaite, Godfrey, Patterson...and I think if we can move out Kenny, Coleman, Keane, Holgate, Mina and perhaps Nkounkou then that creates a budget for the new players.

Definitely the team to watch next season (in a good away though hopefully).

Lampard will gut the squad and build his own side.

Hopefully this Thelwell really is the real deal.

Thelwell has a reputation of focusing on youth. Add that to Lampard hopefully doing the same as opposed to the current strategy and we could do very well.

Interesting to see what happens with Nkounkou.

I happen to think we need 2 high potential players in each position compared to the mess at the moment.

Id be quite happy if we spent another £30mil (raised from sales) on another 2 full backs to compete with Patterson and Mykolenko.

In defence i'd keep Mykolenko, Branthwaite, Godfrey, Patterson...and I think if we can move out Kenny, Coleman, Keane, Holgate, Mina and perhaps Nkounkou then that creates a budget for the new players.
I hope so. I'm desperate for a roster reset at this point. I'm so sick of this expensive set of players continuously humiliating themselves and our club. I would love to watch a young, exciting side even if it means we struggle in the middle of the table for a few seasons while players continue to develop (if we stay up that is). As long as things are moving positively and we're developing a foundation and an identity.

Doubt Moshiri would let it happen, though.

£190 million for DCL, Richi and Kean? Hahahaha

I wrote £175-190mil.

Juventus need to pay €3.5mil loan fee in the summer for Kean next season + €28mil if they hit the champions league places.. €31.5mil.

Thats £26mil+ before PSG offering us a sweetener to take Kean earlier (if rumours are true).

Now were down to £149-£164mil for DCL and Richarlison.

Newcastle, Arsenal, United, Madrid and PSG have been linked to the pair of them.

I dont think £150mil+ for the pair is unreasonable.

I think he’s pointing to the fact, certain clubs being interested, will change the prices of players.

Loads of players in the past have had poor season one reason or another like injuries, poor team. Change of manager.

Will it really effect the price that much, especially when still only 24.

I’m not saying Newcastle would want DCL or he would go there. But didn’t city buy lescott when they finished below us. I’m certain they were behind Arsenal when they signed a few if their best players.

Arsenal have signed Pepe for £72mil, United have signed players for £70-80mil...PSG and Madrid could offer anything.

As you say, Newcastle will want to sign top players but its unlikely they will get them. DCL or even Richarlison could make sense for them.

Its a good time for us to rinse them.

Definitely the team to watch next season (in a good away though hopefully).

Lampard will gut the squad and build his own side.

Hopefully this Thelwell really is the real deal.

We need to stay up then i csn see them truly wiping out alot of dross.

I hope so. I'm desperate for a roster reset at this point. I'm so sick of this expensive set of players continuously humiliating themselves and our club. I would love to watch a young, exciting side even if it means we struggle in the middle of the table for a few seasons while players continue to develop (if we stay up that is). As long as things are moving positively and we're developing a foundation and an identity.

Doubt Moshiri would let it happen, though.

With Thelwell and Lampard it points to the focus on youth.

Probably a handful id keep with the others all available.

Really need sales to create a budget.

I wrote £175-190mil.

Juventus need to pay €3.5mil loan fee in the summer for Kean next season + €28mil if they hit the champions league places.. €31.5mil.

Thats £26mil+ before PSG offering us a sweetener to take Kean earlier (if rumours are true).

Now were down to £149-£164mil for DCL and Richarlison.

Newcastle, Arsenal, United, Madrid and PSG have been linked to the pair of them.

I dont think £150mil+ for the pair is unreasonable.

Arsenal have signed Pepe for £72mil, United have signed players for £70-80mil...PSG and Madrid could offer anything.

As you say, Newcastle will want to sign top players but its unlikely they will get them. DCL or even Richarlison could make sense for them.

Its a good time for us to rinse them.

We need to stay up then i csn see them truly wiping out alot of dross.

With Thelwell and Lampard it points to the focus on youth.

Probably a handful id keep with the others all available.

Really need sales to create a budget.
I meant to add to my post. That Newcastle will struggle to get players out of the champions league teams or European league teams.

So do they try and get the best players from around them. DCL, Philips Leeds, Bissouma. Sarr Watford. Neto wolves.

It could help us get more money for the likes of DCL, if they get involved with say Arsenal.

I meant to add to my post. That Newcastle will struggle to get players out of the champions league teams or European league teams.

So do they try and get the best players from around them. DCL, Philips Leeds, Bissouma. Sarr Watford. Neto wolves.

It could help us get more money for the likes of DCL, if they get involved with say Arsenal.
Looking forward to Aintree next week Ste?

I think we’d sell for that, even though I like him and it’s been criminal we haven’t had a defensive midfielder with him.,

With him, delph. Hopefully Gomes and Gbamin gone to. We will need 3 midfielders. I can see a busy summer. Maybe as many as 14 players gone

Has to be a complete reset in the summer, regardless of what happens this season.

There’s no player I would be upset to see go if the price was right.

The main highlight of the summer is going to be how many defenders we can sell out of Coleman, Keane, Holgate and Mina...perhaps Nkounkou too.

Second piece of excitement will be watching whether Gomes and Iwobi are moved on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back