Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dele on the left mate - are you giving him a free role?

Jamo 2 and Godfrey partnership is interesting, nails and pace.

Wed be having Gilmour in the centre with Zman as an 8.

Drifting in behind the two forwards, makes a midfield diamond. I’m not sure we can carry him in a midfield three but with a competent DM and Mykolenko at LB it could work.

It's Gomes that's the problem
Gomes isn't a problem to the starting XI.
He is a problem due to his wages.

We need legs, energy, strength and someone who can tackle just like Gueye, McCarthy, Fellani, Carsley, Gravesen gave us etc etc.

We need someone who puts in a shift. It's not a pretty job but it's a must to protect your defence if you want to be more expansive.

We find that player, we stop attacks against us and we push further up the pitch.

Well no because that's what Benitez tried and it's very, very easy to stop mate.

It doesn't have to just be about 'banging crosses in'

DCL was at his best in the first half of 2020-21 when we had an ability to hold possession high up the pitch and get our FBs pushing high.

So it's not just about getting players to cross it in like it's 2005. Because that's what the pig man wanted to do.

You get good players who can hold the ball and that allows your FBs and other wide players to get into more dangerous positions. You also need power and pace in midfield to cover the ground that leaves.

Well we were top 6 until DCL got injured mate....

Personally its why I would rather DCL gone before Richarlison but Richy is deffo offski.

Drifting in behind the two forwards, makes a midfield diamond. I’m not sure we can carry him in a midfield three but with a competent DM and Mykolenko at LB it could work.

Think I’d have Dele as one of the two mate, with young flash at the tip if we were going that way. Young flash doesn’t have the end product yet t9 be one of the two. In fact if I was going that way I’d have young flash drifting in of the left to the tip and Dele on the right.

Make huge work for Iwobi and Zman, as eights as they’d be protecting the full backs - who I presume would be providing the width.

Don't really get that...

It's Gomes that's the problem. Now the joint-highest earner at the club, and desperately needs shifting.

Right now our central midfield options are Doucoure, Allan, Davies and Gomes. That's it really. Iwobi is a more attacking player but of course in a 433 can play in there.

So we need one as it stands, plus Gomes out, to then get in another. Allan becomes one of those that we could move on but only when replacements are already in the door. He's a good player and Lampard likes him. We've not used him close to properly which is a shame. Won't be the first one they try and get out of the door though, all being well.
Also Allan isn't a DM in the sense he doesn't sit he does tackle and he does work hard but he isn't a sitter. Again tend to agree he suits Italy more now with his mobility too even though I like him.

If we keep DCL we need wide players who can bang crosses into the box.

No point signing silky players to play through balls into a target man.....

Fair point hes not a great finisher with ball at feet, more tap ins, headers and him getting out in front.

Still I’d like someone creative to play it through the lines even to wingers mate, while Dele is a clever player ball at feet in the box.

Purely with the players we have been strongest linked to / already signed, this 5-4-1/ 3-5-2 variation if played away from home gets us around 25-30 points on the road I reckon. DM is weakest and maybe LCB, but there are so many players who can interchange in that team, it would be quite exciting. Transfer fee-wise it would just cost Zinchenko too.

Possible Away formation next season

Pickford

Godfrey Tarkowski Mykolenko

Patterson. Zinchenko

Doucoure

Iwobi. Eriksen

Alli
Calvert-Lewin

As for the home formation, Gordon plays and I guess it is 4-3-3 with another winger (Gray at mo) replacing Richie. Shows we would need another 2 wide forwards and another DM/CM minimum I reckon if we were to sign Eriksen and Zinchenko and lose Richie ....

Pickford

Godfrey Tarkowski Keane Mykolenko

Zinchenko
Iwobi Eriksen

Gordon Gray
Calvert-Lewin

Prefer the away formation myself, but also shows if we reinvest the 60million quid from selling Richie wisely, then we can potentially put out a strong first 11. Backups will be the problem....

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.