Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winks isn't a defensive Midfielder though hes a box to box mid with no offensive end product and a generator of copious side ways passes which we already have numerous players that unfortunately fit that profile
I'm not sure he's either of those types of midfielder.

When I've seen him play he is someone who is decent at retaining possession and recycling the ball. He is disciplined positionally and tends to sit deeper in the middle but not really a DM as I've never seen him put a tackle in. He certainly isn't dynamic going forward either or have a great range of passing..

He's just neat and tidy - gets it and gives it . Reminds me of Vinny Sideways.

I'm not sure he's either of those types of midfielder.

When I've seen him play he is someone who is decent at retaining possession and recycling the ball. He is disciplined positionally and tends to sit deeper in the middle but not really a DM as I've never seen him put a tackle in. He certainly isn't dynamic going forward either or have a great range of passing..

He's just neat and tidy - gets it and gives it . Reminds me of Vinny Sideways.
20M+ for someone like Vinny Samways is bad considering the real one cost us 2M, albeit 27 years ago!!

Vaguely recall seeing Denis Zakaria's name mentioned a week or so ago as a possible target in midfield. Has he settled well at Juventus, or is there some kind of issue there?

Hard to find anything concrete from a vaguely reputable source, but...

100% I would take him as part of the Kean deal, I believe he went to Juve on a free when his contract expired.

No, his contract would have expired at the end of this month - Juve paid about £8m for him in Jan

I've seen Juve fans calling Zakaria "McKennie-lite". I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Neither of them would be ideal with their injury histories.

Zakaria seems to be off the pace since his major injury and couldnt get into their team while McKennie only played about half the games last season due to his injuries.

From Juventus we really would be better off with the money for Kean.

Status
Not open for further replies.