Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richarlison and Winks exchange with inflated prices, maybe? We sell Richarlison for 75, we buy Winks for 25. They would help us with FFP, we would get a player Lampard wants and makes some sense for us, they would get their target. We quickly use the money to buy Zinchenko and Lewis-Potter to improve the team?
In Daniel Levys mind it's more like they buy Richarlison for £50m and sell Winks for £25m.

Reckon it's at least another 9 days before we are able to buy anybody as i think we're waiting for accounts roll over day (1st July?). As for the targets mentioned i.e. winks etc unfortunately because of the absolutely criminal use of funds over the last few years that is the level we're shopping at. For me as long as those brought in are an improvement over what we have then thats all i think we can ask. There may be one or two youth purchases that have potential but given our position last year we need to improve the first team squad in as many areas as possible with the small amount of cash we have available to avoid a repeat of last season.

Reckon it's at least another 9 days before we are able to buy anybody as i think we're waiting for accounts roll over day (1st July?). As for the targets mentioned i.e. winks etc unfortunately because of the absolutely criminal use of funds over the last few years that is the level we're shopping at. For me as long as those brought in are an improvement over what we have then thats all i think we can ask. There may be one or two youth purchases that have potential but given our position last year we need to improve the first team squad in as many areas as possible with the small amount of cash we have available to avoid a repeat of last season.
If Winks was coming cheap or free I would get it but at £20 million I tend to think that’s a big risk.

Said in the other thread, if we loaned in Winks, brought in Zinchenko and Gallacher - Delph & VdB (both gone already). Get rid of Gomes and maybe Davies.

Then would the midfield be palpably better with way more genuine options? then yup.

Would people be happy with a midfield choice of Zinchenko, Gallacher, Dacoure, Winks and Allan.

Compared to one of VdB, Gomes, Davies, Delph, Dacoure & Allan.

Don't really like Winks, but if he's part of a larger overhaul of that cm, then I can live with it.

If Winks was coming cheap or free I would get it but at £20 million I tend to think that’s a big risk.
It may well be but that's where we are. I do think he's an improvement on what we've got though which was the point I'm trying to make. Plus are we able to afford any higher calibre players that would actually come to us? I'm not sure after last season and our lack of funds that we can attract those types as there are far more attractive propositions out there, lets face it we avoided relegation with one game to go and the level of players we would like to bring in (forgetting about our lack of cash) are not going to jump at the chance of joining a nearly relegated side if a top six side is also in for them.

What about 17th in other leagues? Who was 17th in la liga or ligue un? Can we sign their midfielders?
16th! Let's not denigrate the mighty achievement of being 2 places above the relegation zone!

But yes, we can sign from Lorient, Mallorca, Spezia or Hertha. Zulte Waregem, Heracles or Moreirense at a push. Scotland doesn't even have the decency to have a 16th-placed team, so we can't look north of the border.

Anything beyond that means we're getting washed up dossers or players simply not good enough to pull on the blue jersey.

Potter would be the best 'like for like' replacement for Richy.
Least in terms of attitude and actual goal threat.
Without getting too much into the merits of Potter as an individual (I haven't seen him play) - he is the same age Richarlison was when we signed him.

Buying players of that age and selling them at Richarlison's age is the model we need, as much as it stings.

It may well be but that's where we are. I do think he's an improvement on what we've got though which was the point I'm trying to make. Plus are we able to afford any higher calibre players that would actually come to us? I'm not sure after last season and our lack of funds that we can attract those types as there are far more attractive propositions out there, lets face it we avoided relegation with one game to go and the level of players we would like to bring in (forgetting about our lack of cash) are not going to jump at the chance of joining a nearly relegated side if a top six side is also in for them.

It's why the recruitment has to focus on players with potential but who can contribute now also.

Different era - but look at the 84-88 side and how it was built, think people forget how young on average that side was - and how by and large unproven a lot of it was when it arrived (the proven parts all had huge ? Marks against them too like Gray and Reid)

Need to take a few risks on proven talent whose lost its way like Dele, veterans with the right attitude like Tarkowski, and supplement that with younger hungrier players (Gordon, Gallacher, KLP, Braithwaite etc)

Without getting too much into the merits of Potter as an individual (I haven't seen him play) - he is the same age Richarlison was when we signed him.

Buying players of that age and selling them at Richarlison's age is the model we need, as much as it stings.

Haven't seen very much myself mate, what I have though I like, but agree about the model of recruitment we need to adopt.

Status
Not open for further replies.