Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entire new team required
Almost! I'd say we need about 4 new starting XI players to even be looking at a top half of the table finish next year - IF we even stay up.

CB, CM, winger and striker.

And that's hoping that both Mykolenko and Patterson can establish themselves s starters.

Just looking forward to a reset (if we can stay up).

No more league one standard back 4, no more having two fit midfielders with neither being defensively minded, no more having one fit fourth choice striker.

Let’s just rest and build around the players that add value and want to be here and the good youth players. Get the rest out and then bring in some decent players to support those that remain.

We can’t be going into next season with team sheets reading

Coleman Keane Holgate Kenny and no defensive mid. This sort of nonsense has to stop.

Patterson/new RB new CB/Godfrey Mina/Branthwaite Mykolenko/Nkonkou

Just looking forward to a reset (if we can stay up).

No more league one standard back 4, no more having two fit midfielders with neither being defensively minded, no more having one fit fourth choice striker.

Let’s just rest and build around the players that add value and want to be here and the good youth players. Get the rest out and then bring in some decent players to support those that remain.

We can’t be going into next season with team sheets reading

Coleman Keane Holgate Kenny and no defensive mid. This sort of nonsense has to stop.

Patterson/new RB new CB/Godfrey Mina/Branthwaite Mykolenko/Nkonkou

If DCL goes for £60-70 million and Richarlison also potentially leaves for £70-80 million then we have room for the big reset.

Personally would rather Richarlison extend his deal here as whilst he blows hot and cold he does have quality/puts a shift in but with him changing agent and only having 2 years left on his contract the writings on the wall for a summer exit you feel (likely to PSG with his best mate Neymar).

If Citeh sign Haaland I would see if Jesus fancies regular game time here as he's a bit part player there even now never mind if they bring in a few more attacking players.

If DCL goes for £60-70 million and Richarlison also potentially leaves for £70-80 million then we have room for the big reset.

Personally would rather Richarlison extend his deal here as whilst he blows hot and cold he does have quality/puts a shift in but with him changing agent and only having 2 years left on his contract the writings on the wall for a summer exit you feel (likely to PSG with his best mate Neymar).

If Citeh sign Haaland I would see if Jesus fancies regular game time here as he's a bit part player there even now never mind if they bring in a few more attacking players.

Yeah I just can’t see Richarlison staying. I thought if one would it would be DCL, I think this season has turned both parties off that though, he wants out and from our perspective he probably won’t have a higher value than now.

Sell those two and then clear the deadwood out. Would love to see the following sold/released

Kenny, Keane, Holgate, Coleman, Gomes Davies Siggurdson Delph, Doucoure, Gbamin, Tosun, Rondon

Would leave us with a decent young core, some decent experienced pros in Allan Townsend Mina Rondon and with money in the bank and space in the squad to offer first team football to players.

Want to play upfront every week in the PL, want to run the midfield for a PL team? We should be offering this to the best prospects not already at top clubs or maybe those at top clubs who want to play regularly.

Darwin Nunez
Seen a report from a Portuguese journalist. Saying his numbers are terrible for a guy valued at 60/70mil. His pace and size gets him out of trouble. But his all round game is poor.

His touch, hold up play, awareness and creating for teammates. Apparently in Europe he gives 1 of every 2 passes away.

This journalist says he’s nowhere near worth what’s being talking about. He’s also had 3 bad knee injuries in 5yrs.

The only thing in his favour is he’s 23.

Wouldn’t be my first choice but if he’s free and it means we can offload keane and help our FFP I would be open to it.
Does it really help FFP. Keane is contracted to 2025. We’d have to give Tarkowski a contract for the same period. Say we sell Keane for 10mil we probably make 7/8 on the books and save his reported 70k a week. I reckon tarkowski will want more than 70k he’s on 50k at Burnley. And will want a big signing on fee as a free transfer. I’m not sure it works out as such a big Benefit financially.

We could a 20mil pound young CB over 5yrs and he would cost 4mil and on probably half what Keane’s on

https://www.[Publication is blackli...hce-defender-kim-min-jea-until-end-of-season/

https://www.[Publication is blackli...hce-defender-kim-min-jea-until-end-of-season/

Him and Branthwaite together would give us 2 absolute units at the back, both who have pace and are decent with the ball at feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.