Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we will do the amount of business others are thinking.
I can easily see, 1 starting CB with the rest sold or fighting it out to partner them.
Can easily see Holgate play at RB if Patterson isn't ready for the start of the season.

Midfield. Probs 1 starter, probs a playmaker. Iwobi has given us some breathing space there and saved us some money.
Up front, probs 1 again to replace whoever goes. 2 if they both go. Also depends what's happening with Simms and Dobbin, and where Alli actually plays.
Goalie only if Pickford goes.

I just don't see wholesale buying. It will be slow and steady.
Agree, but then it depends on whom we can ship.

Everybody seems to assume that players we have struggled to sell for a few years will suddenly find suitors.

They'll probably lob a transfer ban on us at this rate.

I'd actually prefer we did most of our dealings outside of the domestic market. There is no value for money for one and I'm sick of overpaying for junk.

I think there can be value, but you csnt go round like billy big wad the lottery winner. I'd like to see us target the championship a bit more.

Lampard turned a bunch of Chelsea youngsters into England internationals.

They may have all got there anyway but hes made a name for himself there.

I think one focus should be the domestic young English player with alot of potential.

See if he/Thelwell can pick out 3 players he can mould into internationals.

Also go for Chelsea/City young lads...a Conor Gallagher blockbuster...relegated and Champiobship players.

Dont gamble too much but do look at highly rated u23s in European leagues where they stand out too much.

Not so sure that anyone will meet our valuation of DCL, Richarlison or Pickford so I think all 3 will stay.

There’s only a small number of clubs that can afford them. DCL and Richy don’t have the stats this season to merit the kind of fee we would agree to.

Pickford is oddly underrated, the amount of times I heard pundits reference his poor form is bizarre, again, not enough clubs with money where he would be priority signing for the money we would want.

We do, but dont see us doing it all in 1 window, scoring goals was our main issue this season, sure our defenders didnt help, but think Fronk will focus on the attacking aspect.
I would say every area of the team has been a problem this season, but the midfield is probably the worst as it hasn't been able to shield the defence or offer support for the attackers. We havent had a player who can simply run a game for us in the middle of the park, none of them are comfortable on the ball.

Agree, but then it depends on whom we can ship.

Everybody seems to assume that players we have struggled to sell for a few years will suddenly find suitors.
Yeah we don't have much outside of the main 3.
Although I do think we would get a decent fee for Keane. If your playing a deep lying defence, which several of the promoted teams might. Then you would be mad to not take a look at him. He could easily be the main man in that sort of defence.

Not so sure that anyone will meet our valuation of DCL, Richarlison or Pickford so I think all 3 will stay.

There’s only a small number of clubs that can afford them. DCL and Richy don’t have the stats this season to merit the kind of fee we would agree to.

Pickford is oddly underrated, the amount of times I heard pundits reference his poor form is bizarre, again, not enough clubs with money where he would be priority signing for the money we would want.
Richarlison will have offers from around europe im sure
DCL i honestly cant see him going to anyone but Newcastle
Pickford i think he will stay but could only see maybe Man U going for him as De Gea is coming to the end i think

Although I do think we would get a decent fee for Keane. If your playing a deep lying defence, which several of the promoted teams might. Then you would be mad to not take a look at him. He could easily be the main man in that sort of defence.
Hes had some very good games for us Keane, gets a very bad press on here I feel.

Not saying hes Nesta by the way.

Lampard turned a bunch of Chelsea youngsters into England internationals.

They may have all got there anyway but hes made a name for himself there.

I think one focus should be the domestic young English player with alot of potential.

See if he/Thelwell can pick out 3 players he can mould into internationals.

Also go for Chelsea/City young lads...a Conor Gallagher blockbuster...relegated and Champiobship players.

Dont gamble too much but do look at highly rated u23s in European leagues where they stand out too much.

Could literally offer these players key roles in the team.

Want to be a starting CB in the PL, want to run the midfield, want to lead the attack?

Make a proposition to these players that what’s sitting on the bench of some CL club.

Gallagher would be the dream.

Id be very upset if we sold Pickford and signed Pope.

Aside from the daftness of it, he doesnt exactly fit with Lampards "enjoy the ball" mantra.

I've had a think about it and i'd be after....

Max Aarons (Norwich)
Joao Pedro (Watford)
Hassane Kamara (Watford)
Nathan Collins (Burnley)
Joe Gelhardt (Leeds)
Raphinha (Leeds)
Kalvin Phillips (Leeds)

This is why...

Pickford
Patterson Mina Godfrey Mykolenko
Phillips
Iwobi Dele
Raphinha DCL Richarlison

Begovic
Aarons Collins Holgate Kamara
Davies

Doucoure *u23 player
Gordon Gelhardt Joao-Pedro

Hahahahaha we are not signing Raphinha and Kalvin Phillips please stop this Zat.

Richarlison will have offers from around europe im sure
DCL i honestly cant see him going to anyone but Newcastle
Pickford i think he will stay but could only see maybe Man U going for him as De Gea is coming to the end i think
Dont think United will be in a hurry to replace De Gea, hes been their only good player this season.

Of course he could ask to move cos they didnt make CL again, but hes on about 9million a week.

Keane under Ancelotti was arguably one of the best English defenders in the league but this season he's looked like Titus Bramble

I would keep him but not as a first team starter every week

Is this going to be another long summer of fantasy lists, or will we finally just confine ourselves to genuine, sourced rumours and actual signings.

Don't think I can take pages and pages of "we should sign player X" based on no substance at all.

Brennan Johnson is the perfect example. If they get promoted, he's going nowhere. Let's not delude ourselves otherwise. If they don't, then he's been linked with everyone; it was Spurs this morning in the BBC Gossip thread.

Basically, no fantasy lists please.

Status
Not open for further replies.