Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I’m sure we’re not signing Guedes. But the “full” figures are only particularly relevant if we work on the theory of us being ACTUALLY skint.

If we are in fact not skint, but just not ALLOWED to spend freely, then the amortised numbers are much more relevant.

The same numbers that say we didn’t make a £10m profit on Richy (as most of the media state it) but actually in FFP/P&L terms more like a £44m profit.
And thats the mistake people are making.

FFP isnt proper accounting, its made up figures that football clubs use.

Profit and loss on the other hand IS proper accounting, hence why we posted a loss of 380m over 3 years.

Players arent signed over the length of their contract, the payments to the selling clubs are made well before then.

FFP = Made up figures
Profit and Loss = Cash in, cash out

Profit and loss on the other hand IS proper accounting, hence why we posted a loss of 380m over 3 years.

Players arent signed over the length of their contract, the payments to the selling clubs are made well before then.

FFP = Made up figures
That’s… not accurate.

Amortisation IS proper accounting. “Net spend” etc is accounting for primary schoolers

FFP = Made up figures

I think this is a good way of describing it. And with FFP you try and manipulate data as much as possible to think it's ok. I'msure we have thought of something, if there's one thing Moshiri is good at its that.

The main issue, at the start of this summer anyway, was how much funding we had. Since then, Usnamov has had his assets unfrozen in Europe. And thereare suggestions Moshiri has made cash available again. So my theory is, Moshiri is happy to put some cash in again.

FFP = Made up figures
Not all profit or loss items are actual cash transactions. Take amortisation for example. Its an accounting policy. You don't actually pay anyone the amortisation cost in your accounts every year.

Deals are structured whatever way stated in the contract. Some could be all up front or others could be in instalments over many years. Thats all things that are negotiated.

Take your pick

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Not all profit or loss items are actual cash transactions. Take amortisation for example. Its an accounting policy. You don't actually pay anyone the amortisation cost in your accounts every year.

Deals are structured whatever way stated in the contract. Some could be all up front or others could be in instalments over many years. Thats all things that are negotiated.
I was simplifying it a little.

This window has become the "down payment" window and its hurting my head, People seem to think we have sold Richarlison for 60m cash and at the same time paying 5m a year for other players.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

I was simplifying it a little.

This window has become the "down payment" window and its hurting my head, People seem to think we have sold Richarlison for 60m cash and at the same time paying 5m a year for other players.
If we sign Onana for about 30m then we are about -10m net for the window as far as I can see.

rolling 3 year losses of 105m I think, so is a gamble but parachute payment will help them !!
They get the full TV money for this season as well, which they certainly were not budgeting for. If they weren't in that bad of a way post-COVID, which is possible, the math should work for a couple of years if they get sent back down. It puts them on buying nine players and paying their wages for the approximate value of this season's TV money, with the parachute payments to cover the extra wages should they get relegated.

Things get very uncomfortable in year three if they don't find a way back up, so it's a sizable risk.

Forrest are stupid.

£40m for a striker who's done nothing of note in the years he's had to impress.

English tax is criminal.

If they go down which is highly likely, he'll be the most expensive championship player currently employed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back