Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically we have a seasoned attacking midfielder who was one of the brightest prospects in world football who can't get a game, a premier league winner who is lazy, can't pass or refuses to pass & a future star who resembles nothing of the sort & is usually goosed by the 60th that we rely upon for our attacking prowess & yet realistically our main hope of service to our non existent strikers is a young wet behind the ears right back who has only played 2 games for us.

It's pathetic.

I shudder to think how bad these two games could have gone without Iwobi's form. Sack off getting Gana & spend the funds/wages on a man up top. A big tall man who can hold a ball up & cause a defender to flap a little with strength & speed. Sick & tired of our weedy attackers especially now that Dom is a liability who can't be counted upon. I miss Lukaku. He had flaws but even a pound shop version of him is better than this garbage.

So basically we have a seasoned attacking midfielder who was one of the brightest prospects in world football who can't get a game, a premier league winner who is lazy, can't pass or refuses to pass & a future star who resembles nothing of the sort & is usually goosed by the 60th that we rely upon for our attacking prowess & yet realistically our main hope of service to our non existent strikers is a young wet behind the ears right back who has only played 2 games for us.

It's pathetic.

I shudder to think how bad these two games could have gone without Iwobi's form. Sack off getting Gana & spend the funds/wages on a man up top. A big tall man who can hold a ball up & cause a defender to flap a little with strength & speed. Sick & tired of our weedy attackers especially now that Dom is a liability who can't be counted upon. I miss Lukaku. He had flaws but even a pound shop version of him is better than this garbage.
We can and are doing both you know?

We haven't done it yet and valuable points have been lost. Gueye is not a priority and I can't believe we've wasted 2 weeks over this. Our obsession with bringing players back is completely absurd.

We need two forwards who can score goals. One to play centre forward and one so Gray and McNeil are on the bench. They are totally ineffective and carry no threat.

We haven't done it yet and valuable points have been lost. Gueye is not a priority and I can't believe we've wasted 2 weeks over this. Our obsession with bringing players back is completely absurd.

We need two forwards who can score goals. One to play centre forward and one so Gray and McNeil are on the bench. They are totally ineffective and carry no threat.
Every position is a priority, I’d have rather had everyone in before the season but life’s not a video game

Yep, one forward player isn't enough. McNeil has shown so far this season why his stats show as no goals or assists last season. He has been really poor the first two games.

Gray is a one in ten player and really not good enough for a regular starting position.

As for Gordon he's got to stop throwing himself to the ground, the last ten minutes today when he stayed on his feet he showed what he could do but to be honest, I would have taken him off at half time today, terrible first half performance.

If we do not get a couple of forward players in soon we are in real trouble this eason

Should have already been done. Richarlison sold a month & a half ago & we all knew DCL was a liability. The run of games we have coming up needs wins or we are in deep trouble. This should have been done. Any signing we do this week probably only gets 10-15 mins against Forest. Not good enough. It was blatantly obvious that a group of so called attackers with zero end product would net us very little up top. We could all see it. Last season showed us that.

Should have already been done. Richarlison sold a month & a half ago & we all knew DCL was a liability. The run of games we have coming up needs wins or we are in deep trouble. This should have been done. Any signing we do this week probably only gets 10-15 mins against Forest. Not good enough. It was blatantly obvious that a group of so called attackers with zero end product would net us very little up top. We could all see it. Last season showed us that.
Dom was fit all preseason, scored the Friday before then got a freak knee injury 3 days before Chelsea so that’s nonsense

Every position is a priority, I’d have rather had everyone in before the season but life’s not a video game
You’re definitely right but we’re not far away from it being portrayed (rightly or wrongly) as a crisis and we really don’t need that. We need to get things moving because the way things are it’s genuinely quite easy to see us having no more than 3 and possibly 0 points after 5/6 games. After last season that was pretty much the one thing we needed to make sure didn’t happen, so it’s massively important that we improve where we need to before the panic sets in again.

It was extremely naive to thjnk we could rely on his fitness. Hes had constant knocks and injuries since Christmas 2020. He might not ever be available regularly again
Thing is he was looking sharp and over his problems of last season, he didn’t deliberately set out to get injured on the eve of the season. It got highlighted more because of Rondon’s suspension

Dom was fit all preseason, scored the Friday before then got a freak knee injury 3 days before Chelsea so that’s nonsense
And yet a big portion of us in here were all saying he can't be trusted to stay fit & need reinforcements. We were saying that at the back end of last season. The fact it happened just strengthens that argument.

It was extremely naive to thjnk we could rely on his fitness. Hes had constant knocks and injuries since Christmas 2020. He might not ever be available regularly again
He missed 5 games over 2 separate small injuries.

This notion that he’s injury prone is utterly bizarre IMO. He had stupid broken toe then picked up a bad injury and struggled to get back last season. He looked sound in preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.