Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, I think if it was Newcastle and 35m then Gordon wouldn't be interested, and like you say the media would say we were in crisis and forced to sell. But if it's Chelsea I don't think Gordon turns down champions league, and if it's a much better deal for us I think the media sees it differently, especially if a quality player like Broja is included in the deal - Brighton selling Cucurella to them has been seen as excellent business.

Errrm mate Cucarella was seen as great business as he was at Brighton for 10-11 months and they made around 50m profit on him for a left back.

It's be like us selling Patterson next summer for 75m, obviously fantastic business.

Selling the only good players you develop is not good business it's settling for a position of being a feeder club.

We've become that desperate for money that people advocate selling to survive not progress

All I’ll ask people to do is take their bias aside. I see Gordon and Gray as near identical players. If there was a club that came in for Gray for £20m most people would take it without question, never mind £50m. It’s the classic case but if this lad wasn’t from the academy he wouldn’t be near the squad on a regular basis and we’d happily take what we could get with him.

I mean ffs look at the abuse McNeil is getting already only 2 games in with us despite him and Gordon only having a few months between them.

Gray and Gordon are nothing alike mate,

Sell the only player the clubs produced since Barkley with the potential to be anything more than average.

Nil satis nisi optimum

Got to love this place. All summer it’s been ‘no prem cast offs please, we should be getting young up and coming talent’. Then the first sniff of interest in Gordon and people have him sold for a collection of Chelsea cast offs.

Express saying £50mil and Batshuayi / Broja may be pushed as makeweights.
£35m / £40m + Broja and we’d have had their pants down. Means we get a striker in that we need as well as having the money to easily get someone like Terrier too, probably enough after that even to strengthen more too if we needed it.

I’m praying for this deal to happen, completely changes our season from 12th - 14th to challenging for Europe. Do the right thing for once!

Errrm mate Cucarella was seen as great business as he was at Brighton for 10-11 months and they made around 50m profit on him for a left back.

It's be like us selling Patterson next summer for 75m, obviously fantastic business.

Selling the only good players you develop is not good business it's settling for a position of being a feeder club.

We've become that desperate for money that people advocate selling to survive not progress
Every club in the world - with the exception of Real Madrid - sells for profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.